Milwaukee Brewers vs. Philadelphia Phillies: Best Odds and Preview for September 8, 2021
The Milwaukee Brewers (85-55) and the Philadelphia Phillies (71-67) play on Wednesday at 7:40 PM ET to break a 1-1 series tie. The Brewers are favored (-166) to win the contest against the Phillies (+144).
Milwaukee has Freddy Peralta starting, while Philadelphia will counter with Kyle Gibson.
Best Odds for Milwaukee Brewers vs Philadelphia Phillies
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Milwaukee Brewers and Philadelphia Phillies in which the Brewers are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Brewers vs Phillies Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||82%||18%|
|% of Stake||90%||10%|
- The Brewers have won in 67, or 61.5%, of the 109 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Contests with Milwaukee have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 63 of 140 chances this season.
- The Brewers are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking 10th with 645 total runs this season.
- Milwaukee has played as the favorite in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 6-2 in those contests.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Brewers and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on five occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Brewers will send Peralta (9-4) to the mound to make his 24th start of the season as he aims for his 10th win. He is 9-4 with a 2.70 ERA and 168 strikeouts in 123 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s most recent time out came on Saturday against the Cardinals, when he tossed two innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up three hits.
- In Peralta’s 23 starts, his team is 16-7.
- Peralta has had 23 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 10 of those matchups hit the over.
- The Phillies have won 51.6% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (33-31).
- Philadelphia has played in 138 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 70 times (70-65-3).
- The Phillies are the 11th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.6 runs per game (633 total).
- Philadelphia has a 2-1 record from the three games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Phillies and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gibson (4-3) takes the mound first for the Phillies in his seventh start of the season. He’s put together a 4.46 ERA in 42 1/3 innings pitched, with 26 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last appeared on Friday against the Marlins, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, allowing eight earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- Gibson’s team has a 4-2 record over his six starts.
- Gibson has had six starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in three of those games.
Pick for Brewers vs. Phillies
Bet split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis favors the Brewers to win over the Phillies.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.