Milwaukee Brewers vs. Philadelphia Phillies: Best Odds and Preview for September 6, 2021
Brandon Woodruff will attempt to pick up his 10th win of the season when the Milwaukee Brewers (84-54) host the Philadelphia Phillies (70-66) at American Family Field on Monday at 2:10 PM ET. The Brewers are favored in the matchup (-142) against the Phillies (+123).
Woodruff takes the mound first for Milwaukee, and Zack Wheeler is Philadelphia’s choice to start.
Best Odds for Milwaukee Brewers vs Philadelphia Phillies
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Milwaukee Brewers and Philadelphia Phillies in which the Brewers are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Brewers vs Phillies Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||74%||26%|
|% of Stake||79%||21%|
- The Brewers have come away with 66 wins in the 107 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Milwaukee’s games have gone over the total in 61 of their 138 opportunities.
- The Brewers have scored the 10th-most runs in the league this season with 635.
- Milwaukee has competed as the favorite in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 5-3 in those matchups.
- When it comes to the total, the Brewers and their foes are 3-7 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Brewers will send Woodruff (9-7) to the mound to make his 27th start of the season as he goes for his 10th victory. He is 9-7 with a 2.35 ERA and 185 strikeouts through 157 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday, the righty tossed six innings against the Giants, giving up one earned run while surrendering five hits.
- Woodruff’s team has compiled a 16-10 record in his 26 starts.
- Woodruff has had 26 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 10 of those games.
- The Phillies have been the underdog on the moneyline 62 total times this season. They’ve finished 32-30 in those games.
- Philadelphia has played in 136 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 68 times (68-65-3).
- The Phillies score the 13th-most runs in baseball (621 total, 4.6 per game).
- Philadelphia has been named the moneyline underdog by oddsmakers just once in the last 10 games, and won that matchup.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Phillies combined with their opponents to go over the total seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Phillies will send Wheeler (11-9) to the mound to make his 28th start of the season. He is 11-9 with a 3.01 ERA and 208 strikeouts through 182 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Monday against the Nationals, when he tossed six innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Over Wheeler’s 27 starts, his team is 15-12.
- Wheeler’s starts hit the over on the run total 11 times in 27 games with a set total this season.
Pick for Brewers vs. Phillies
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis points to the Brewers being favored to win over the Phillies.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.