Milwaukee Brewers vs. Detroit Tigers: Best Odds and Preview for September 15, 2021
The Detroit Tigers (68-76) meet the Milwaukee Brewers (89-55) after Jeimer Candelario homered twice in an 8-7 win over the Rays. The Brewers are favored (-217) in this matchup with the Tigers (+182), which starts at 1:10 PM ET on Wednesday.
Milwaukee’s Brandon Woodruff and Detroit’s Matt Manning pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
Best Odds for Milwaukee Brewers vs Detroit Tigers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Milwaukee Brewers and Detroit Tigers.
- The Brewers have been victorous in 71, or 62.8%, of the 113 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Milwaukee’s games have gone over the total in 65 of their 144 opportunities.
- The Brewers have scored 673 runs this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- In nine games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Milwaukee has a record of 7-2.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Brewers and their opponents have combined to clear the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Woodruff (9-8 with a 2.48 ERA and 191 strikeouts in 163 1/3 innings pitched) looks for his 10th win when he makes the start for the Brewers, his 28th of the season.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance was on Monday, Sept. 6 against the Phillies, when he threw six innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up nine hits.
- Woodruff’s team has compiled a 16-11 record in his 27 starts.
- Woodruff’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 11 of 27 contests.
- The Tigers have won 55 of the 121 games they were listed as the moneyline underdog this season (45.5%).
- Detroit has played in 144 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 63 times (63-75-6).
- The Tigers are the 18th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.4 runs per game (633 total).
- Detroit was the moneyline underdog for nine of its last 10 games, and went 5-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Tigers and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Tigers are sending Manning (3-6) out to make his 15th start of the season. He is 3-6 with a 6.14 ERA and 39 strikeouts through 66 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance came on Wednesday against the Pirates, when the righty tossed three innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up four hits.
- Manning’s team has won six of his 14 starts.
- Manning has started 14 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in six of them.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.