Milwaukee Brewers vs. Detroit Tigers: Best Odds and Preview for September 14, 2021
Avisail Garcia leads the Milwaukee Brewers (89-55) into a contest with the Detroit Tigers (68-76) following his two-home run showing in an 11-1 win over the Indians. The Brewers are favored (-220) for this game against the underdog Tigers (+189), which starts at 6:40 PM ET on Tuesday.
Freddy Peralta starts for Milwaukee while Detroit will counter with Wily Peralta.
Best Odds for Milwaukee Brewers vs Detroit Tigers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Milwaukee Brewers and Detroit Tigers.
- The Brewers have been favorites in 113 games this season and have come away with the win 71 times (62.8%) in those contests.
- Milwaukee and their opponents have hit the over in 65 of their 144 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Brewers have scored 673 runs this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- Milwaukee has competed as the favorite in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 7-2 in those matchups.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, the Brewers and their foes are 6-4 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Freddy Peralta (9-4) is trying for his 10th victory when he takes the mound first for the Brewers in his 25th start of the season. He’s put together a 2.69 ERA in 127 innings pitched, with 172 strikeouts.
- The right-hander’s most recent time out came on Wednesday against the Phillies, when he tossed 3 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up four hits.
- Peralta’s team has won 17 of his 24 starts.
- Peralta has started 24 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 10 of them.
- The Tigers have gone 55-66 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 45.5% of those games).
- Detroit has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 144 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 63 of those games (63-75-6).
- The Tigers are the 18th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.4 runs per game (633 total).
- Detroit has a 5-4 record over the nine games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Tigers and their opponents combined to go over the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Wily Peralta (3-3 with a 3.60 ERA and 44 strikeouts in 70 innings pitched) makes the start for the Tigers, his 15th of the season.
- In his last time out on Tuesday, the righty tossed four innings against the Pirates, giving up one earned run while surrendering six hits.
- In Peralta’s 14 starts, his team is 7-7.
- Peralta’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in six of 14 games.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.