Milwaukee Brewers vs. Atlanta Braves: NLDS Game 2 Best Odds and Preview for October 9, 2021
Max Fried looks for his 15th victory of the 2021 season when the Atlanta Braves (88-73) visit the Milwaukee Brewers (95-67) at American Family Field. The Braves are underdogs in the matchup (+109) against the Brewers (-129), and the game begins at 5:07 PM ET on Saturday.
Milwaukee has Brandon Woodruff starting, while Atlanta will counter with Fried.
Best Odds for Milwaukee Brewers vs Atlanta Braves
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Milwaukee Brewers and Atlanta Braves in which the Braves are currently the pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Brewers have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Brewers vs Braves Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||83%||17%|
|% of Stake||36%||64%|
- The Brewers have won in 76, or 60.3%, of the 126 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Milwaukee and their opponents have hit the over in 75 of their 162 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Brewers rank 12th in the league with 738 total runs scored this season.
- Milwaukee has played as the favorite in five of its past 10 games and has gone 3-2 in those contests.
- When it comes to the total, the Brewers and their foes are 6-4 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Woodruff will try to earn his 10th win when he makes the start for the Brewers, his 31st of the season. He is 9-10 with a 2.56 ERA and 211 strikeouts in 179 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Tuesday, Sept. 28 against the Cardinals, when he tossed four innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Woodruff’s team has a 16-14 record in his starts this season.
- Woodruff’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 12 of 30 games.
- The Braves have won 22 of the 48 games they were listed as the moneyline underdog this season (45.8%).
- Atlanta has had an over/under set by bookmakers 160 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 73 of those games (73-78-9).
- The Braves score the eighth-most runs in baseball (790 total, 4.9 per game).
- Over the last 10 games, Atlanta was listed as the moneyline underdog by oddsmakers just twice, and it split those games.
- Over their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Braves and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Fried makes the start for the Braves, his 29th of the season. He is 14-7 with a 3.04 ERA and 158 strikeouts in 165 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday, Sept. 29 against the Phillies, when he tossed seven innings, allowing one earned run while giving up four hits.
- Fried’s team has won 18 of his 28 starts.
- Fried has had 28 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 12 of those outings finished over the total.
Pick for Brewers vs. Braves
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the Braves being favored to win over the Brewers.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.