Michigan vs. Maryland Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 12 Predictions
The No. 8 Michigan Wolverines (9-1, 0-0 Big Ten) will have their eighth-ranked pass defense on display versus the Maryland Terrapins (5-5, 0-0 Big Ten) and the No. 13 pass offense in college football, on Saturday, November 20, 2021. The Wolverines are heavily favored, by 14.5 points. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 55.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Michigan stats and betting info
Betting trends for Michigan
- Michigan has an 8-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 14.5-point favorites this season, the Wolverines are 4-1 against the spread.
- Out of Michigan’s 10 games with a set total, four have hit the over (40%).
- This season, Michigan games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 55-point over/under five times.
- The Wolverines have seen a 51.4 average over/under in their games this season, 3.6 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Wolverines average 30.0 more yards per game (442.4) than the Terrapins give up per matchup (412.4).
- Michigan is 4-1 overall when the team totals more than 412.4 yards.
- The Wolverines have eight giveaways this season, while the Terrapins have nine takeaways .
|Pass yards||217.3 (2173)||78|
|Rush yards||225.1 (2251)||13|
|Points scored||34.7 (347)||25|
|Pass yards against||178.4 (1784)||8|
|Rush yards against||123.1 (1231)||27|
|Points allowed||16.1 (161)||4|
Key players for Michigan
- Cade McNamara leads Michigan with 1,883 passing yards (188.3 ypg) on 149-of-237 passing with 12 touchdowns compared to two interceptions this season.
- Hassan Haskins’ team-high 985 rushing yards (98.5 per game) have come on 196 carries, with 11 touchdowns this year.
- Cornelius Johnson’s 507 receiving yards (50.7 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s registered 31 receptions and three touchdowns.
Maryland stats and betting info
Betting trends for Maryland
- Maryland is 3-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The Terrapins have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 14.5 points or more this year (0-1).
- Five of Maryland’s 10 games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
- There have been five Maryland games that have finished with a combined score over 55 points this season.
- The over/under for this contest is 3.1 points fewer than the average over/under in Terrapins’ games this season (58.1 points).
- The Terrapins average 130.4 more yards per game (431.9) than the Wolverines give up per contest (301.5).
- When Maryland totals more than 301.5 yards, the team is 5-3.
- The Terrapins have turned the ball over two more times (16 total) than the Wolverines have forced a turnover (14) this season.
|Pass yards||319.5 (3195)||13|
|Rush yards||112.4 (1124)||112|
|Points scored||26.9 (269)||73|
|Pass yards against||258.2 (2582)||105|
|Rush yards against||154.2 (1542)||71|
|Points allowed||31.4 (314)||102|
Key players for Maryland
- Taulia Tagovailoa has thrown for 3,105 yards (310.5 ypg) to lead Maryland, completing 69.3% of his passes and collecting 20 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Tayon Fleet-Davis, has carried the ball 91 times for 441 yards (44.1 per game), with six touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 28 passes for 269 yards (26.9 per game) and one touchdown.
- Rakim Jarrett’s 638 receiving yards (63.8 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 47 receptions and five touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!