Miami Marlins vs. Washington Nationals: Best Odds and Preview for September 15, 2021
The Miami Marlins (61-84) play the Washington Nationals (60-85) a game after Lewin Diaz hit a pair of home runs in an 8-2 loss to the Nationals. The Marlins are favored (-117) in this matchup with the Nationals (-100), which starts at 1:05 PM ET on Wednesday.
Miami has Trevor Rogers starting things off, and Washington will counter with Josh Rogers.
Best Odds for Miami Marlins vs Washington Nationals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Miami Marlins and Washington Nationals in which the Marlins are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Marlins vs Nationals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||60%||40%|
|% of Stake||98%||2%|
- The Marlins have been victorous in 26, or 57.8%, of the 45 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Miami and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 63 of their 145 opportunities.
- The Marlins are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 28th with just 567 total runs (3.9 per game) this season.
- Miami has been the favorite just one time in the past 10 contests and won that that game.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Marlins and their opponents have combined to clear the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Trevor Rogers (7-7) gets the starting nod for the Marlins in his 23rd start of the season. He has a 2.81 ERA in 118 2/3 innings pitched, with 138 strikeouts.
- The lefty last pitched on Friday against the Braves, when he went 4 1/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Rogers’ team has won 10 of his 22 starts.
- Rogers’ starts went over the run total eight times in 22 games with a set total this season.
|Bryan De La Cruz||39||.336||.382||.471||4||15||47|
- The Nationals have compiled a 27-63 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 30% of those games).
- In the 144 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Washington, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 66 times (66-74-4).
- The Nationals have the No. 17 offense in MLB play scoring 4.4 runs per game (639 total runs).
- Washington went 2-5 over the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Nationals and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Josh Rogers (1-0) pitches first for the Nationals to make his third start of the season.
- His most recent time out was on Friday against the Pirates, when the lefty threw 6 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- His team split the two matchups he’s appeared in this season.
- Rogers’ two starts with a total this season finished 0-1-1 against the total.
Pick for Marlins vs. Nationals
The Marlins are favored to win over the Nationals based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.