Miami Dolphins vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Best Odds and Preview for Week 6
The Miami Dolphins (1-4) and Jacksonville Jaguars (0-5) will face off, with both teams on losing streaks — the Dolphins four in a row, the Jaguars five in a row. Miami is the favorite (currently -3.5). The expected point total for the matchup is set at 45.5.
Best odds for Dolphins vs. Jaguars
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Miami Dolphins and Jacksonville Jaguars in which the Jaguars are currently the pick to cover the spread at sportsbooks based on money wagered, yet the Dolphins have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Dolphins Vs. Jaguars Spread Betting Action
Miami stats and betting info
Betting trends for Miami
- Miami is 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The teams have hit the over in three of Miami’s five games with a set total.
|Pass yards||214.6 (1073)||30|
|Rush yards||70.4 (352)||32|
|Points scored||15.8 (79)||31|
|Pass yards against||305.2 (1526)||28|
|Rush yards against||133.6 (668)||24|
|Points allowed||30.8 (154)||30|
Key players for Miami
- Jacoby Brissett has 858 yards passing for Miami, completing 65.2% of his passes and throwing four touchdowns and two interceptions this season. He’s also helped out on the ground with 57 rushing yards (11.4 ypg) on 16 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Myles Gaskin has racked up 167 yards on 34 carries. He’s also caught 22 passes for 131 yards (26.2 per game) and two touchdowns through the air.
- Malcolm Brown has carried the ball 25 times for 91 yards (18.2 per game) and one touchdown.
- DeVante Parker’s 242 yards as a receiver pace the team. He’s been targeted 32 times and has collected 17 catches and one touchdown.
- Jaylen Waddle has caught 27 passes for 231 yards (46.2 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Mike Gesicki’s 22 grabs have yielded 227 yards and one touchdown.
Dolphins: Kyle Van Noy: Questionable (Groin), Durham Smythe: Questionable (Knee), Shaq Lawson: Questionable (Shoulder)
Jacksonville stats and betting info
Betting trends for Jacksonville
- Jacksonville has covered the spread once in five opportunities this season.
- The Jaguars have a 1-3 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year.
- Jacksonville has hit the over in two of five games with a set total (40%).
|Pass yards||229.2 (1146)||27|
|Rush yards||129.4 (647)||6|
|Points scored||18.6 (93)||27|
|Pass yards against||296.0 (1480)||26|
|Rush yards against||121.8 (609)||20|
|Points allowed||30.4 (152)||29|
Key players for Jacksonville
- Trevor Lawrence has been a dual threat to lead Jacksonville in both passing and rushing. He has 1,146 passing yards (229.2 per game) while completing 59.4% of his passes. He’s thrown six touchdown passes and eight interceptions this season. On the ground, he’s compiled 110 yards (22.0 ypg) on 24 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, James Robinson, has carried the ball 67 times for 387 yards (77.4 per game) with four touchdowns. He’s also caught 14 passes for 88 yards.
- Laviska Shenault Jr. paces his squad with 252 receiving yards on 20 receptions.
- Marvin Jones Jr. has caught 21 passes and compiled 243 receiving yards (48.6 per game) with two touchdowns.
- D.J. Chark’s 22 targets have resulted in seven receptions for 154 yards and two touchdowns.
Jaguars: D.J. Chark Jr.: Questionable (Ankle), Tyler Eifert: Questionable (Neck), Josh Allen: Questionable (Knee), Dakota Allen: Questionable (Foot), Abry Jones: Questionable (Ankle)
Pick for Dolphins vs. Jaguars
An in-depth statistical analysis paired with the bet split data from regulated betting sites favors the Jaguars to cover the spread against the Dolphins.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.