Memphis vs. Hawaii Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Hawaii Bowl Predictions
The Memphis Tigers out of the AAC (6-6) are currently An 8.5 favorite at most shops with the total sitting at . The game is scheduled for December 24th at 8 pm, the site is the Aloha Bowl.
Memphis stats and betting info
- Memphis finished just 3-7-1 against the spread this season.
- As a favorite the Tigers are 1-4-1 against the spread.
- The Tigers have also loss 3 of those games outright, including one as an 11 point favorite @ Temple, 31-34.
- The Tigers have had 5 games where the O/U total was between 55-59’, they are 2/2/1 in those contests.
- HC Ryan Silverfield is 0-3 against the spread as an AWAY Favorite
- HC Ryan Silverfield is 1-0 against the spread and straight up in Bowl Games
|Pass yards against||250.9||103|
|Rush yards against||136.9||89|
Key players for Memphis
- QB – Seth Henigan has thrown for 3,322 passing yards with 25 touchdowns to 8 interceptions. Played in 11 of 12 games missing the UCF game. Henigan has (2) games over 400y passing this season.
- TE – Sean Dykes 48 receptions on 60 targets for 657yds and 7 touchdowns. Dykes has (2) games over 100y receiving when he went for 143yards v Arkansas State and 167 yds v Texas-San Antonio. Dykes should be the #1 option for this game.
Key players OUT for Memphis
- WR – Calvin Austin recorded 74 receptions for 1,149 yards and 8 touchdowns. Austin also had one carry for 69 yards and a touchdown, he will be opting OUT of this game to prepare for the NFL Draft.
- RB – Brandon Thomas – Thomas did not appear on the team’s depth chart for this week’s game. The leading rusher for the Tigers with 669 yards and a 5.8ypc average along with 8 touchdowns, has not played in 3 of the last 4 games.
Hawaii stats and betting info
- Hawaii played 13 regular season games, finishing with a 6-7 record.
- Hawaii is 5-6-1 against the spread this season.
- Under HC Todd Graham – Hawaii is 6-0-1 against the spread as a HOME UNDERDOG the last two years
- HC Todd Graham is 6-4 straight up in Bowl games, including 1-0 at Hawaii, last year defeating Houston 28-14(+8) in the 2020 New Mexico Bowl
- Hawaii has a gone OVER the total only 5 times out of 12 games this season
- Hawaii has had two games with a total of 54’ or 55, goin 1/1 in those two games.
|Pass yards against||289.7||126|
|Rush yards against||156.5||74|
Key Players for Hawaii
- QB – Brayden Schager – Schager is the scheduled starter due to starting QB Chevon Cordiero proceeding to the transfer portal. Schrager has played in 6 games throwing for 615 yards with a 60% completion percentage with 2 touchdowns with 6 interceptions.
- RB – Calvin Turner – Turner is the leading receiver for a second straight year, In 2021 Turner amassed 316 yards rushing and 876 yards receiving with 12 touchdowns.
This Hawaii Bowl is largely dependent on whether or not the team from the mainland is excited about being in this particular game.
The last 4 times the Rainbow Warriors were in this game the margin of victory was 27, 17 twice and a 4 point victory against BYU in 2019.
I have no doubt what kind of effort we will get from Hawaii. The Warriors have been a strong home side even prior to Graham’s arrival defeating Arizona, Oregon State, San Diego State, and Army on the ‘Big Island’ in 2019.
Graham’s 6-0-1 against the spread record as a HOME UNDERDOG can’t be overlooked, and Hawaii closed like a freight train scoring 88 points in their last 2 games. But with quarterback Cordiero’s move to the transfer portal, I temper my expectations.
Graham’s Qb’s take a beating because of the offense they run, and even though Graham is high on Schager, it’s still early days. I would possibly look in-game and see if Schager has progressed at all since his last start.
Memphis is without some stars as well but will have a considerable edge at the quarterback position.
With neither team playing since November 27th and Schager’s last action coming on October 30th, we can now start to factor in layoffs to these games.
Recommendation: Under 28’ – 1st Half.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike.
We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best college football odds across legal sportsbooks.