Memphis vs. East Carolina: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 11/13/2021
The Memphis Tigers (5-4, 0-0 AAC) and East Carolina Pirates (5-4, 0-0 AAC) will play each other in a matchup of two conference rivals. The Tigers are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -6). The matchup has an over/under of 60 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Memphis stats and betting info
Betting trends for Memphis
- Memphis is 3-5-0 ATS this season.
- When they have played as at least 6-point favorites this season, the Tigers are 1-1 against the spread.
- Three of Memphis’ eight games with a set total have hit the over (37.5%).
- Memphis and its opponents have combined to go over Saturday’s over/under of 60 points four times this season.
- The Tigers have seen a 62.9 average over/under in their games this season, 2.9 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Tigers collect 65.1 more yards per game (461.7) than the Pirates give up per contest (396.6).
- Memphis is 4-3 overall when the team amasses over 396.6 yards.
- The Tigers have 16 giveaways this season, while the Pirates have 18 takeaways .
|Pass yards||311.1 (2800)||15|
|Rush yards||150.6 (1355)||77|
|Points scored||31.8 (286)||39|
|Pass yards against||253.7 (2283)||101|
|Rush yards against||146.4 (1318)||63|
|Points allowed||29.1 (262)||90|
Key players for Memphis
- Seth Henigan has 2,545 passing yards (282.8 ypg) to lead Memphis, completing 61.4% of his passes and tossing 18 touchdown passes and five interceptions this season.
- Brandon Thomas has carried the ball 112 times for a team-high 661 yards (73.4 per game), with eight touchdowns this year.
- Calvin Austin III’s 989 receiving yards (109.9 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 65 receptions and eight touchdowns.
East Carolina stats and betting info
Betting trends for East Carolina
- East Carolina is 6-3-0 against the spread this year.
- The Pirates have a 3-1 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 6 points or more this year.
- East Carolina has hit the over in two of nine games with a set total (22.2%).
- This season, just two East Carolina games have ended with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 60.
- The over/under for this game is 1.4 points more than the average over/under in Pirates’ games this season (58.6 points).
- The Pirates collect 28.0 more yards per game (428.1) than the Tigers give up (400.1).
- When East Carolina picks up more than 400.1 yards, the team is 4-0.
- The Pirates have turned the ball over 18 times this season, 11 more turnovers than the Tigers have forced (7).
|Pass yards||256.4 (2308)||43|
|Rush yards||171.7 (1545)||58|
|Points scored||30.6 (275)||50|
|Pass yards against||244.8 (2203)||90|
|Rush yards against||151.8 (1366)||67|
|Points allowed||24.0 (216)||56|
Key players for East Carolina
- Holton Ahlers has 2,185 passing yards (242.8 ypg) to lead East Carolina, completing 60.7% of his passes and tossing 14 touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 132 rushing yards (14.7 ypg) on 83 carries with five rushing touchdowns.
- Keaton Mitchell has carried the ball 122 times for a team-high 902 yards (100.2 per game), with seven touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 16 catches for 171 yards (19.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Tyler Snead’s 519 receiving yards (57.7 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 43 receptions and two touchdowns.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!