Memphis Grizzlies vs. Portland Trail Blazers Betting Odds & Game Analysis | December 15
The Portland Trail Blazers (11-17) are favored, by 1.5 points, as they play the Memphis Grizzlies (17-11) on December 15, 2021 at Moda Center. The matchup features one of the coldest squads in the league against one of the hottest, as the Trail Blazers have lost six in a row, and are 1-9 in their past 10 games. Meanwhile, the Grizzlies have won three straight, and have gone 8-2 in their past 10. The matchup has an over/under set at 219.5 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NBA matchup between the Portland Trail Blazers and Memphis Grizzlies in which the Grizzlies are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Portland Vs. Memphis Moneyline Betting Action
Trail Blazers stats and betting info
Betting trends for Portland
- So far this season, Portland has put together a 10-17-1 record against the spread.
- In games this season they were favored by 1.5 points or more, the Trail Blazers have a 9-8-1 record against the spread.
- Portland has hit the over in 14 of its 28 games with a set total (50%).
- This season, Portland and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total of 219.5 points 12 times.
- This season, the average total for Trail Blazers games is 220.9 points, 1.4 more than the over/under of 219.5 points for this contest.
- The Trail Blazers have gone 11-8 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 57.9% of those games).
- Portland has a record of 11-8 when playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -116 or shorter (57.9%).
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives the Trail Blazers a 53.7% chance to win.
Key players for Portland
- Jusuf Nurkic: 13.3 PTS, 10.2 REB, 1.1 STL, 57.9 FG%, 22.7 3PT% (5-for-22)
- Damian Lillard: 22.0 PTS, 7.8 AST, 38.9 FG%, 29.7 3PT% (63-for-212)
- CJ McCollum: 20.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.4 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (77-for-196)
- Norman Powell: 17.5 PTS, 47.1 FG%, 40.4 3PT% (46-for-114)
- Robert Covington: 6.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.1 BLK, 38.9 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (44-for-128)
Trail Blazers Injuries: Cody Zeller: Out (Quad), CJ McCollum: Out (Lung)
Grizzlies stats and betting info
Betting trends for Memphis
- Portland is 10-17-1 ATS this season.
- When they have played as at least 1.5-point favorites this season, the Trail Blazers are 9-8-1 against the spread.
- In Portland’s 28 games with a set total, 14 have hit the over (50%).
- This season, 14 games Memphis played finished with a combined score over 219.5 points.
- Grizzlies’ games have a total points bet of 219.9 points this season, 0.4 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
- This season, the Grizzlies have been the underdog 14 times and won eight, or 57.1%, of those games.
- Memphis has a record of 8-5, a 61.5% win rate, when they’re set as an underdog of -103 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The Grizzlies have a 50.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
Key players for Memphis
- Ja Morant: 24.1 PTS, 6.8 AST, 1.6 STL, 47.6 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (31-for-87)
- Desmond Bane: 16.0 PTS, 46.0 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (72-for-181)
- Steven Adams: 6.9 PTS, 8.6 REB, 52.9 FG%
- De’Anthony Melton: 10.4 PTS, 1.6 STL, 41.1 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (45-for-128)
- Tyus Jones: 7.5 PTS, 46.6 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (26-for-65)
Grizzlies Injuries: Sam Merrill: Out (Ankle), Brandon Clarke: Day To Day (Knee), Ziaire Williams: Out (Ankle), Ja Morant: Out (Health and safety protocols)
Pick for Trail Blazers vs. Grizzlies
The Grizzlies are favored to win over the Trail Blazers based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you actionable insights so you can use them while betting NBA same day parlay. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign-up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!