Louisville vs. Duke Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 12 Predictions
In a battle of two conference rivals, the Louisville Cardinals (5-5, 0-0 ACC) will face off against the Duke Blue Devils (3-7, 0-0 ACC). The Cardinals are heavy favorites, expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -19). The expected point total for the matchup is 59.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Louisville stats and betting info
Betting trends for Louisville
- Louisville is 5-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cardinals are 0-1 against the spread when favored by 19 points or more this season.
- Three of Louisville’s nine games with a set total have hit the over (33.3%).
- Louisville and its opponents have combined to go over Thursday’s over/under of 59 points three times this season.
- This season, the average total for Cardinals games is 60.1 points, 1.1 more than the over/under of 59 points for this contest.
- The Cardinals collect 62.1 fewer yards per game (436.8) than the Blue Devils give up per matchup (498.9).
- Louisville is 1-2 overall when the team amasses over 498.9 yards.
- The Cardinals have turned the ball over 12 times this season, two fewer than the Blue Devils have forced (14).
|Pass yards||235.5 (2355)||65|
|Rush yards||201.3 (2013)||24|
|Points scored||30.0 (300)||56|
|Pass yards against||251.7 (2517)||100|
|Rush yards against||133.5 (1335)||41|
|Points allowed||25.0 (250)||62|
Key players for Louisville
- Micale Cunningham leads Louisville with 2,285 passing yards (228.5 ypg) on 166-of-271 passing with 13 touchdowns and five interceptions this season. He also has 709 rushing yards (70.9 ypg) on 139 carries while scoring 16 touchdowns on the ground.
- Jordan Watkins’ team-high 491 receiving yards (49.1 yards per game) have come on 32 receptions with three touchdowns.
Duke stats and betting info
Betting trends for Duke
- Duke is 4-6-0 against the spread this year.
- The Blue Devils are winless against the spread (0-2) when playing as at least 19-point underdogs.
- Five of Duke’s 10 games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
- This season, five games Duke played finished with a combined score higher than 59 points.
- The over/under for this contest is 2.4 points fewer than the average over/under in Blue Devils’ games this season (61.4 points).
- The Blue Devils collect 49.6 more yards per game (434.8) than the Cardinals allow (385.2).
- Duke is 3-2 overall when the team amasses over 385.2 yards.
- This season the Blue Devils have turned the ball over 18 times, five more than the Cardinals’ takeaways (13).
|Pass yards||242.3 (2423)||59|
|Rush yards||192.5 (1925)||38|
|Points scored||24.2 (242)||97|
|Pass yards against||304.8 (3048)||129|
|Rush yards against||194.1 (1941)||108|
|Points allowed||36.8 (368)||121|
Key players for Duke
- Gunnar Holmberg has 2,034 passing yards (203.4 ypg) to lead Duke, completing 69.3% of his passes and collecting seven touchdown passes and six interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 169 rushing yards (16.9 ypg) on 80 carries with six rushing touchdowns.
- Mataeo Durant’s team-high 1,087 rushing yards (108.7 per game) have come on 221 carries, with nine touchdowns this year. He’s also added 225 yards (22.5 per game) on 23 catches with two touchdowns.
- Jake Bobo’s 667 receiving yards (66.7 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 62 receptions and one touchdown.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best college football odds across legal sportsbooks.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!