Louisiana vs. Troy: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 11/13/2021
The No. 24 Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (8-1, 0-0 Sun Belt) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -6) — against the Troy Trojans (5-4, 0-0 Sun Belt) in a battle of two conference rivals. The expected point total for the matchup is 48.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Louisiana stats and betting info
Betting trends for Louisiana
- Louisiana has a 3-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have a 2-5 record against the spread when favored by 6 points or more this season.
- In Louisiana’s nine games with a set total, one has hit the over (11.1%).
- This season, Louisiana games have hit the over on this game’s 48-point over/under six times.
- On average, the Ragin’ Cajuns have seen a 58.3 over/under in their games this season, 10.3 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns average 109.5 more yards per game (425.7) than the Trojans allow per outing (316.2).
- In games that Louisiana churns out over 316.2 yards, the team is 7-1 overall.
- This year, the Ragin’ Cajuns have eight turnovers, 12 fewer than the Trojans have takeaways (20).
|Pass yards||224.8 (2023)||74|
|Rush yards||200.9 (1808)||27|
|Points scored||30.8 (277)||48|
|Pass yards against||195.0 (1755)||26|
|Rush yards against||159.1 (1432)||79|
|Points allowed||19.0 (171)||19|
Key players for Louisiana
- Levi Lewis has 1,942 passing yards (215.8 ypg) to lead Louisiana, completing 61.7% of his passes and collecting 12 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 166 rushing yards (18.4 ypg) on 59 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Chris Smith’s team-high 660 rushing yards (73.3 per game) have come on 110 carries, with eight touchdowns this year.
- Peter LeBlanc’s 276 receiving yards (30.7 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 26 receptions and one touchdown.
Troy stats and betting info
Betting trends for Troy
- Troy has a 3-5-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as at least 6-point underdogs this season, the Trojans are 1-1 against the spread.
- Troy has gone over in four of its eight games with a set total (50%).
- In Troy’s eight games this season, four have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s point total of 48.
- A difference of 2.3 points separates the average total points bet in Trojans’ games (50.3 points) and this contest’s over/under (48 points).
- The Trojans average just 0.9 fewer yards per game (353.2) than the Ragin’ Cajuns give up per outing (354.1).
- When Troy piles up more than 354.1 yards, the team is 3-2.
- This year the Trojans have turned the ball over 12 times, two more than the Ragin’ Cajuns’ takeaways (10).
|Pass yards||235.3 (2118)||65|
|Rush yards||117.9 (1061)||105|
|Points scored||26.2 (236)||80|
|Pass yards against||202.3 (1821)||35|
|Rush yards against||113.9 (1025)||18|
|Points allowed||21.8 (196)||33|
Key players for Troy
- Taylor Powell leads Troy with 1,251 passing yards (139.0 ypg) on 125-of-190 passing with seven touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- Kimani Vidal has carried the ball 120 times for a team-high 620 yards (68.9 per game), with five touchdowns this year.
- Tez Johnson’s team-leading 552 receiving yards (61.3 yards per game) have come on 53 receptions with three touchdowns.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!