Louisiana vs. Marshall Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football New Orleans Bowl Predictions
In this year’s New Orleans Bowl, the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns are the favorites, but by less than a touchdown (-5.5) over the Marshall Thundering Herd. the Caesars Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana will host the matchup on December 18, 2021, starting at 9:15 PM ET. The over/under is set at 55 in the outing.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Louisiana stats and betting info
Betting trends for Louisiana
- Louisiana has gone 6-7-0 ATS this season.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns are 3-6 against the spread when favored by 5.5 points or more this season.
- Louisiana has hit the over in three of its 13 games with a set total (23.1%).
- This season, Louisiana games have gone over this game’s 55-point total five times.
- On average, the Ragin’ Cajuns have seen a 56.4 over/under in their games this season, 1.4 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns average 405.9 yards per game, just 17.6 more than the 388.3 the Thundering Herd allow per contest.
- When Louisiana totals over 388.3 yards, the team is 7-0.
- This year, the Ragin’ Cajuns have eight turnovers, 10 fewer than the Thundering Herd have takeaways (18).
|Pass yards||214.0 (2782)||85|
|Rush yards||191.9 (2495)||34|
|Points scored||30.7 (399)||36|
|Pass yards against||199.3 (2591)||25|
|Rush yards against||145.8 (1895)||54|
|Points allowed||18.3 (238)||9|
Key players for Louisiana
- Levi Lewis leads Louisiana with 2,647 passing yards (203.6 ypg) on 217-of-359 passing with 19 touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season. He also adds 269 rushing yards (20.7 ypg) on 88 carries while scoring five touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Chris Smith, has carried the ball 153 times for 855 yards (65.8 per game), with eight touchdowns this year.
- Peter LeBlanc’s 417 receiving yards (32.1 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 37 receptions and one touchdown.
Marshall stats and betting info
Betting trends for Marshall
- Marshall’s ATS record is 6-6-0 this season.
- The Thundering Herd are 1-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- The teams have hit the over in six of Marshall’s 12 games with a set total .
- Seven of Marshall’s games finished with a combined score higher than 55 points this season.
- Thundering Herd’s games have a total points bet of 60.3 points this season, 5.3 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Thundering Herd average 126.0 more yards per game (471.1) than the Ragin’ Cajuns give up per contest (345.1).
- In games that Marshall churns out over 345.1 yards, the team is 7-3.
- The Thundering Herd have turned the ball over three more times (23 total) than the Ragin’ Cajuns have forced a turnover (20) this season.
|Pass yards||310.9 (3731)||12|
|Rush yards||160.2 (1922)||70|
|Points scored||34.0 (408)||30|
|Pass yards against||199.3 (2391)||25|
|Rush yards against||189.0 (2268)||105|
|Points allowed||22.8 (273)||40|
Key players for Marshall
- Grant Wells has 3,436 passing yards (286.3 ypg) to lead Marshall, completing 67% of his passes and throwing 16 touchdown passes and 12 interceptions this season.
- Rasheen Ali’s team-high 1,241 rushing yards (103.4 per game) have come on 230 carries, with 20 touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 44 catches for 329 yards (27.4 per game) and one touchdown.
- Corey Gammage’s 819 receiving yards (68.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 69 receptions with two touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!