Louisiana Tech vs. Rice Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 13 Predictions
The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (3-8, 0-0 C-USA) and Rice Owls (3-8, 0-0 C-USA) will meet in a battle of two conference rivals. The Bulldogs are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5). The matchup has an over/under of 53.5 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Louisiana Tech stats and betting info
Betting trends for Louisiana Tech
- Louisiana Tech is 4-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The Bulldogs are 1-5 against the spread when favored by 3.5 points or more this season.
- Louisiana Tech has gone over in eight of its 11 games with a set total (72.7%).
- Louisiana Tech and its opponents have combined to hit the over on Saturday’s total of 53.5 points eight times this season.
- The Bulldogs have seen a 57.4 average over/under in their games this season, 3.9 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The Bulldogs rack up 380.0 yards per game, 57.4 fewer yards than the 437.4 the Owls give up per matchup.
- In games that Louisiana Tech churns out more than 437.4 yards, the team is 2-2 overall.
- This year, the Bulldogs have turned the ball over 20 times, four more than the Owls’ takeaways (16).
|Pass yards||258.0 (2838)||40|
|Rush yards||122.0 (1342)||107|
|Points scored||27.7 (305)||67|
|Pass yards against||269.8 (2968)||116|
|Rush yards against||164.6 (1811)||85|
|Points allowed||33.9 (373)||113|
Key players for Louisiana Tech
- Austin Kendall has thrown for 1,874 yards (170.4 ypg) to lead Louisiana Tech, completing 60.4% of his passes and tossing 13 touchdown passes and nine interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 157 rushing yards (14.3 ypg) on 59 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Marcus Williams Jr. has carried the ball 175 times for a team-high 755 yards (68.6 per game), with eight touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 19 catches for 202 yards (18.4 per game) and one touchdown.
- Smoke Harris’ team-high 693 receiving yards (63.0 yards per game) have come on 65 receptions with five touchdowns.
Rice stats and betting info
Betting trends for Rice
- Rice is just 2-9-0 against the spread this year.
- The Owls are 1-7 against the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year.
- Rice games have hit the over in eight out of 11 opportunities (72.7%).
- Eight of Rice’s games ended with a combined score over 53.5 points this season.
- The over/under for this matchup is 2.1 points more than the average over/under in Owls’ games this season (51.4 points).
- The Owls average 77.5 fewer yards per game (357.0) than the Bulldogs allow per outing (434.5).
- Rice is 1-2 overall when the team picks up over 434.5 yards.
- The Owls have 20 giveaways this season, while the Bulldogs have 20 takeaways .
|Pass yards||208.5 (2294)||90|
|Rush yards||148.5 (1633)||79|
|Points scored||20.3 (223)||117|
|Pass yards against||271.1 (2982)||117|
|Rush yards against||166.3 (1829)||87|
|Points allowed||36.6 (403)||121|
Key players for Rice
- Jake Constantine leads Rice with 1,622 passing yards (147.5 ypg) on 126-of-206 passing with eight touchdowns compared to seven interceptions this season.
- Ari Broussard’s team-high 535 rushing yards (48.6 per game) have come on 104 carries, with three touchdowns this year.
- Jake Bailey’s 714 receiving yards (64.9 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 56 receptions and two touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!