Los Angeles Rams vs. Chicago Bears: Best Odds and Preview for Week 1
The Los Angeles Rams (0-0) are favored by 7.5 points versus the Chicago Bears (0-0) on September 12, 2021, starting at 8:20 PM ET. The game has an over/under of 46 points.
Best odds for Rams vs. Bears
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Los Angeles Rams and Chicago Bears in which the Rams are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Rams Vs. Bears Spread Betting Action
Los Angeles stats and betting info
Betting trends for Los Angeles
- Los Angeles went 9-7-0 ATS last season.
- The Rams covered the spread once last season (1-2 ATS) when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- Los Angeles’ games hit the over four out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||261.4 (4183)||15|
|Rush yards||126.1 (2018)||10|
|Points scored||23.3 (372)||22|
|Pass yards against||212.6 (3401)||2|
|Rush yards against||91.3 (1460)||3|
|Points allowed||18.5 (296)||1|
Key players for Los Angeles
- Matthew Stafford’s previous season stat line featured 4,084 passing yards (255.3 yards per game) while going 339-for-528 (64.2% completion percentage) with 26 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.
- Last year, Darrell Henderson took 138 carries for 624 rushing yards (41.6 yards per game) and scored five touchdowns.
- Sony Michel racked up 449 yards on 79 carries (44.9 ypg), with one rushing touchdown last season.
- In the previous season, Cooper Kupp grabbed 92 passes (on 124 targets) for 974 yards (64.9 yards per game). He also found the end zone for three touchdowns.
- Robert Woods tacked on 936 yards on 90 grabs with six touchdowns. He was targeted 129 times and averaged 58.5 receiving yards per game last year.
- Tyler Higbee’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 521 yards, 44 catches, five touchdowns, and 32.6 yards per game (on 60 targets).
Los Angeles injuries
Rams: No Injuries Listed
Chicago stats and betting info
Betting trends for Chicago
- Chicago won eight games against the spread last year, while failing to cover eight times.
- The Bears did not cover the spread when an underdog by 7.5 points or more last year (in two opportunities).
- Chicago’s games went over the point total eight out of 16 times last year.
|Pass yards||245.3 (3925)||22|
|Rush yards||102.9 (1647)||25|
|Points scored||23.3 (372)||22|
|Pass yards against||246.2 (3939)||11|
|Rush yards against||113.4 (1814)||15|
|Points allowed||23.1 (370)||13|
Key players for Chicago
- Andy Dalton tossed 14 touchdowns and eight interceptions while throwing for 2,170 yards by the end of last campaign (144.7 ypg). He also added 7.6 rushing yards per game.
- David Montgomery tallied 1,070 rushing yards and eight touchdowns on the ground in addition to 438 receiving yards and two touchdowns through the air during last year’s campaign.
- Allen Robinson II averaged 78.1 yards on 6.4 receptions per game and compiled six receiving touchdowns in 2020.
- Darnell Mooney averaged 39.4 receiving yards on 6.1 targets per game in 2020, scoring four touchdowns.
- Damiere Byrd worked his way to one receiving touchdown and 604 receiving yards (37.8 ypg) last season.
Bears: Germain Ifedi: Questionable (Triceps), Khalil Mack: Questionable (Knee), Javon Wims: Questionable (Achilles), David Montgomery: Questionable (Groin), Robert Quinn: Doubtful (Ankle), Jason Spriggs: Questionable (Knee), Cordarrelle Patterson: Questionable (Knee), Buster Skrine: Questionable (Finger)
Pick for Rams vs. Bears
Betting split data from regulated betting sites paired with an in-depth games analysis favors the Rams to cover the spread against the Bears.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.