Los Angeles Lakers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Betting Odds & Game Analysis | December 17
The Minnesota Timberwolves (13-15) host the Los Angeles Lakers (16-13) at Target Center, starting at 10:00 PM ET on Friday, December 17, 2021. The Timberwolves are 1-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The over/under is 223.5 in the matchup.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NBA matchup between the Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers.
Timberwolves stats and betting info
Betting trends for Minnesota
- Minnesota’s ATS record is 13-15-0 this season.
- The Timberwolves have a 5-6 record against the spread when favored by 1 point or more this season.
- In Minnesota’s 28 games with a set total, 14 have hit the over (50%).
- Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (223.5 points) 13 times this season.
- On average, the over/under in Timberwolves games is 2.5 points fewer than the over/under of 223.5 points in this contest.
- The Timberwolves have been the moneyline favorite 11 total times this season. They’ve gone 7-4 in those games.
- Minnesota is 7-4 (winning 63.6% of its games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -110 or shorter.
- The Timberwolves have a 52.4% chance to win this game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
Key players for Minnesota
- Karl-Anthony Towns: 24.3 PTS, 9.0 REB, 1.1 STL, 1.1 BLK, 50.8 FG%, 42.3 3PT% (66-for-156)
- Anthony Edwards: 22.1 PTS, 1.6 STL, 43.4 FG%, 36.0 3PT% (87-for-242)
- D’Angelo Russell: 18.8 PTS, 6.4 AST, 38.7 FG%, 33.2 3PT% (67-for-202)
- Jarred Vanderbilt: 6.2 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.5 STL, 56.1 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (2-for-9)
- Malik Beasley: 11.0 PTS, 36.1 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (74-for-217)
Timberwolves Injuries: None
Lakers stats and betting info
Betting trends for Los Angeles
- Minnesota is 13-15-0 ATS this season.
- In games this season they were favored by 1 point or more, the Timberwolves have a 5-6 record against the spread.
- Minnesota games have gone over the point total in 14 out of 28 opportunities (50%).
- This season, 13 games Los Angeles played finished with a combined score over 223.5 points.
- Lakers games have an over/under of 219.6 points this season, 3.9 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
- This season, the Lakers have won four out of the nine games in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Los Angeles is 4-5 this season when entering a game as the underdog by -110 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 52.4% chance of a victory for the Lakers.
Key players for Los Angeles
- Anthony Davis: 23.8 PTS, 10.2 REB, 1.2 STL, 2.1 BLK, 52.0 FG%, 18.2 3PT% (10-for-55)
- Russell Westbrook: 19.6 PTS, 7.8 REB, 8.4 AST, 1.2 STL, 45.1 FG%, 32.2 3PT% (37-for-115)
- Carmelo Anthony: 13.4 PTS, 43.0 FG%, 41.3 3PT% (69-for-167)
- Malik Monk: 9.7 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (48-for-133)
- Dwight Howard: 5.0 PTS, 62.5 FG%, 75.0 3PT% (6-for-8)
Lakers Injuries: Talen Horton-Tucker: Out (Health and safety protocols), Dwight Howard: Out (Health and safety protocols), Trevor Ariza: Out (Ankle), Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you actionable insights so you can use them while betting NBA same day parlay. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign-up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!