Los Angeles Dodgers vs. St. Louis Cardinals: NLWC Game 1 Best Odds and Preview for October 6, 2021
The NL Wild Card Game features a showdown between the Los Angeles Dodgers (106-56) and the St. Louis Cardinals (90-72) at Dodger Stadium on Wednesday, beginning at 8:10 PM ET.
Los Angeles’ Max Scherzer and St. Louis’ Adam Wainwright will start this matchup.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Dodgers vs St. Louis Cardinals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Dodgers and St. Louis Cardinals.
- The Dodgers have won in 106, or 66.7%, of the 159 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Contests with Los Angeles have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 69 of 162 chances this season.
- The Dodgers are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking fourth with 830 total runs this season.
- In 10 games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Los Angeles has a record of 9-1.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Dodgers and their opponents are 7-3 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Scherzer (15-4 with a 2.46 ERA and 236 strikeouts in 179 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Dodgers, his 31st of the season.
- The righty’s last appearance came on Thursday against the Padres, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing 11 hits.
- All 13 of Scherzer’s starts this season have ended in victory for his team.
- Scherzer’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in six of 13 games.
- The Cardinals have gone 36-39 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 48% of those games).
- St. Louis has combined with opponents to go over the total 75 times this season for a 75-80-7 record against the over/under.
- The Cardinals are the 20th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.4 runs per game (706 total).
- St. Louis has been listed as the moneyline underdog by oddsmakers just one time in the last 10 games, and won that matchup.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Cardinals and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Wainwright (17-7) gets the starting nod for the Cardinals in his 33rd start of the season. He’s put together a 3.05 ERA in 206 1/3 innings pitched, with 174 strikeouts.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance was on Tuesday against the Brewers, when he went six innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- Wainwright’s team is 22-10 in his 32 starts.
- Wainwright’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 14 of 32 games.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!