Los Angeles Dodgers vs. St. Louis Cardinals: Best Odds and Preview for September 6, 2021
Mookie Betts will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when the Los Angeles Dodgers (86-51) square off against the St. Louis Cardinals (69-66) on Monday at 4:15 PM ET. The Dodgers are favored (-218) over the Cardinals (+181).
Los Angeles’ Max Scherzer and St. Louis’ Miles Mikolas will take the mound first.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Dodgers vs St. Louis Cardinals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Dodgers and St. Louis Cardinals in which the Dodgers are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Dodgers vs Cardinals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||74%||26%|
|% of Stake||65%||35%|
- The Dodgers have been victorous in 86, or 64.2%, of the 134 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Los Angeles and their opponents have hit the over in 56 of their 137 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Dodgers are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking fourth with 688 total runs this season.
- In 10 games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Los Angeles has a record of 6-4.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Dodgers and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under just once.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Scherzer (12-4 with a 2.40 ERA and 197 strikeouts in 146 innings pitched) gets the start for the Dodgers, his 26th of the season.
- In his most recent outing on Thursday against the Braves, the righty went six scoreless innings while surrendering three hits.
- All eight of Scherzer’s starts this season have ended in victory for his team.
- Scherzer’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in three of eight games.
- The Cardinals have put together a 25-36 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 41% of those games).
- St. Louis has played in 135 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 62 times (62-67-6).
- The Cardinals have the No. 25 offense in baseball scoring 4.2 runs per game (564 total runs).
- St. Louis has a 3-3 record from the six games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Cardinals and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Mikolas gets the start for the Cardinals, his fifth of the season. He is 0-1 with a 4.41 ERA and 14 strikeouts over 16 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last time out was on Wednesday against the Reds, when he tossed three innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Mikolas’ team has a 2-2 record in his starts this season.
- Mikolas has had four starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in two of those outings.
Pick for Dodgers vs. Cardinals
Bet split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis points to the Dodgers being favored to win over the Cardinals.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!