Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Francisco Giants: NLDS Game 2 Best Odds and Preview for October 9, 2021
The San Francisco Giants (107-55) will attempt for a sweep of the Los Angeles Dodgers (106-56) on Saturday at Oracle Park. The Giants lead 1-0, but are underdogs (-106) against the Dodgers (-112) in the matchup, which starts at 9:07 PM ET.
Julio Urias starts for Los Angeles while San Francisco will counter with Kevin Gausman.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Francisco Giants in which the Dodgers are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Dodgers vs Giants Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||75%||25%|
|% of Stake||56%||44%|
- The Dodgers have been victorous in 106, or 66.7%, of the 159 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Contests with Los Angeles have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 69 of 162 chances this season.
- The Dodgers have scored the fourth-most runs in the league this season with 830.
- Los Angeles has played as the favorite in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 9-1 in those contests.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Dodgers and their foes are 7-3 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Urias (20-3) gets the starting nod for the Dodgers in his 33rd start of the season. He has a 2.96 ERA in 185 2/3 innings pitched, with 195 strikeouts.
- His most recent time out was on Sunday against the Brewers, when the lefty tossed 6 1/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up just one hit.
- Urías’ team has compiled a 26-6 record in his 32 starts.
- Urías has had 32 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 16 of those outings hit the over.
- The Giants are 35-28 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 55.6% of those games).
- San Francisco has played in 162 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 74 times (74-83-5).
- The Giants are the sixth-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging five runs per game (804 total).
- San Francisco has not been the underdog on the moneyline in the last 10 games.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Giants and their opponents combined to hit the over four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Giants will send Gausman (14-6) to make his 34th start of the season. He is 14-6 with a 2.81 ERA and 227 strikeouts in 192 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Saturday against the Padres, when he went seven innings, allowing one earned run while giving up six hits.
- In Gausman’s 33 starts, his team is 21-12.
- Gausman has started 33 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 19 of them.
Pick for Dodgers vs. Giants
Bet split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis favors the Dodgers to win over the Giants.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.