Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Francisco Giants: Best Odds and Preview for September 3, 2021
The No. 1 team in the NL, the San Francisco Giants (85-49), host the No. 2 team in the league, the Los Angeles Dodgers (85-49). The Dodgers are favored (-115) in this matchup of top teams against the Giants (-105) on Friday at 9:45 PM ET at Oracle Park.
David Price starts for Los Angeles while San Francisco will counter with Anthony DeSclafani.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Francisco Giants.
- The Dodgers have been chosen as favorites in 131 games this year and have walked away with the win 85 times (64.9%) in those games.
- Contests with Los Angeles have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 55 of 134 chances this season.
- The Dodgers have scored 680 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- In 10 games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Los Angeles has a record of 7-3.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Dodgers and their opponents have combined to clear the total just once.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Price (4-2 with a 3.88 ERA and 55 strikeouts in 67 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Dodgers, his 12th of the season.
- The left-hander last appeared in relief on Sunday, when he threw 3 2/3 innings against the Rockies, allowing two earned runs while giving up two hits.
- In Price’s 11 starts, his team is 4-7.
- Price has had 11 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in two of those outings.
- The Giants are 30-26 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 53.6% of those games).
- In the 134 games bookmakers have set an over/under for San Francisco, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 59 times (59-70-5).
- The Giants score the ninth-most runs in baseball (637 total, 4.8 per game).
- San Francisco went 2-4 over the six games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Giants and their opponents combined to hit the over two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Giants are sending DeSclafani (11-6) out for his 26th start of the season. He is 11-6 with a 3.38 ERA and 127 strikeouts through 135 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday against the Braves, when he tossed three innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing six hits.
- DeSclafani’s team is 16-9 over his 25 starts.
- DeSclafani has had 25 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in 12 of those outings.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!