Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Diego Padres: Best Odds and Preview for September 30, 2021
The Los Angeles Dodgers (102-56) host the San Diego Padres (78-80) at 10:10 PM ET on Thursday, providing a matchup between two top-10 power hitters. Max Muncy has 36 home runs (ninth in the league) for the favored Dodgers (-228), while Fernando Tatis Jr. is fifth in MLB play with 41 round-trippers this season for the underdog Padres (+190).
Tony Gonsolin starts for Los Angeles while San Diego will counter with Vince Velasquez.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Diego Padres
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Diego Padres.
- The Dodgers have been chosen as favorites in 155 games this year and have walked away with the win 102 times (65.8%) in those games.
- Contests with Los Angeles have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 65 of 158 chances this season.
- The Dodgers have scored the fifth-most runs in the league this season with 785.
- Los Angeles has been favored in 10 of its past 10 games and won eight of those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Dodgers and their opponents have combined to clear the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gonsolin (4-1 with a 3.00 ERA and 60 strikeouts in 51 innings pitched) makes the start for the Dodgers, his 13th of the season.
- His most recent time out came on Saturday against the Diamondbacks, when the right-hander tossed five innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Gonsolin’s team has won eight of his 12 starts.
- Gonsolin has had 12 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and five of those games finished over the total.
- The Padres have gone 10-30 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 25% of those games).
- San Diego has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 84 times this season for an 84-70-4 record against the over/under.
- The Padres have the No. 15 offense in MLB action scoring 4.5 runs per game (710 total runs).
- San Diego has a 1-6 record across the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Padres combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Velasquez gets the start for the Padres, his fourth of the season. He is 0-2 with a 9.00 ERA and nine strikeouts through eight innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Saturday against the Braves, when he tossed three innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Over Velásquez’s four starts, his team is 1-3.
- Velásquez’s team has hit the over in all of his four starts with a total this season.
|Fernando Tatis Jr.||126||.281||.359||.610||41||95||130|
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!