Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Diego Padres: Best Odds and Preview for September 29, 2021
Max Muncy and Fernando Tatis Jr. square off in a battle between top-10 power hitters when the Los Angeles Dodgers (101-56) and the San Diego Padres (78-79) meet at 10:10 PM ET on Wednesday. Muncy has 35 home runs (10th in the league) for the favored Dodgers (-180), while Tatis is fifth in MLB play with 41 home runs this season for the underdog Padres (+155).
Los Angeles’ Max Scherzer starts against San Diego’s Ryan Weathers.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Diego Padres
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Diego Padres.
- The Dodgers have been victorous in 101, or 65.6%, of the 154 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 64 of their 157 opportunities.
- The Dodgers have scored the fifth-most runs in the league this season with 785.
- In 10 games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Los Angeles has a record of 7-3.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Dodgers and their foes are 4-6 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Dodgers are sending Scherzer (15-4) to the mound to make his 30th start of the season. He is 15-4 with a 2.28 ERA and 232 strikeouts over 174 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Thursday, the right-hander went five innings against the Rockies, giving up five earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Scherzer’s team has won all 12 of his starts this season.
- Scherzer’s starts went over the run total five times in 12 games with a set total this season.
- The Padres have won 25.6% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (10-29).
- San Diego has had an over/under set by bookmakers 157 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 83 of those games (83-70-4).
- The Padres are the 14th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.5 runs per game (710 total).
- San Diego was the moneyline underdog in seven of its last 10 games, and went 1-6 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Padres and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Weathers makes the start for the Padres, his 15th of the season. He is 3-7 with a 5.97 ERA and 54 strikeouts in 75 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was in relief on Saturday when the left-hander threw two innings against the Braves, surrendering no earned runs while allowing two hits.
- Weathers’ team is 4-10 over his 14 starts.
- Weathers has had 14 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in eight of those outings.
|Fernando Tatis Jr.||125||.282||.359||.612||41||95||130|
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!