Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Diego Padres: Best Odds and Preview for September 12, 2021
Wil Myers is only one hit away from his 100th of the season as his San Diego Padres (74-67) ready for a matchup with the Los Angeles Dodgers (90-53) on Sunday at 4:10 PM ET. The Padres are underdogs (+162) against the Dodgers (-188).
Los Angeles’ Max Scherzer starts against San Diego’s Blake Snell.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Diego Padres
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Diego Padres in which the Padres are currently the clear pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Dodgers have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Dodgers vs Padres Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||87%||13%|
|% of Stake||18%||82%|
- The Dodgers have come away with 90 wins in the 140 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Los Angeles and their opponents have gone over in 58 of their 143 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Dodgers have scored 717 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB.
- In 10 games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Los Angeles has a record of 6-4.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Dodgers and their opponents are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Scherzer makes the start for the Dodgers, his 27th of the season. He is 13-4 with a 2.28 ERA and 210 strikeouts in 154 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance came on Monday against the Cardinals, when he tossed eight innings, surrendering no earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Scherzer’s team has won all nine of his starts this season.
- Scherzer’s starts hit the over on the run total three times in nine games with a set total this season.
- The Padres have been the underdog on the moneyline 28 total times this season. They’ve gone 8-20 in those games.
- San Diego has played in 141 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 72 times (72-65-4).
- The Padres have the No. 14 offense in baseball scoring 4.6 runs per game (645 total runs).
- San Diego did not win a game while the underdog on the moneyline over the last 10 games in three tries.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Padres and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Snell (7-6 with a 4.22 ERA and 170 strikeouts in 128 innings pitched) gets the start for the Padres, his 27th of the season.
- His last time out was on Wednesday against the Angels, when the lefty went seven innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up only one hit.
- Over Snell’s 26 starts, his team is 12-14.
- Snell’s starts hit the over on the run total 11 times in 26 games with a set total this season.
|Fernando Tatis Jr.||109||.285||.364||.635||38||89||114|
Pick for Dodgers vs. Padres
The Padres are favored to win over the Dodgers based on our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.