Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Diego Padres: Best Odds and Preview for September 10, 2021
The Los Angeles Dodgers (88-53) will look to Trea Turner, who is riding a 16-game hitting streak, when they face the San Diego Padres (74-65) and Manny Machado, who has hit in 11 consecutive games. The Dodgers are favored (-168) for this matchup against the Padres (+147), which begins at 10:10 PM ET on Friday at Dodger Stadium.
Julio Urias starts for Los Angeles while San Diego will counter with Joe Musgrove.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Diego Padres
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Diego Padres.
- The Dodgers have come away with 88 wins in the 138 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Los Angeles and their opponents have gone over in 57 of their 141 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Dodgers are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking fourth with 709 total runs this season.
- Los Angeles has been favored in 10 of its past 10 games and won six of those matchups.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Dodgers and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on two occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Urias makes the start for the Dodgers, his 28th of the season. He is 16-3 with a 3.11 ERA and 168 strikeouts in 156 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Sunday against the Giants, the lefty went 5 2/3 innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering eight hits.
- Urías’ team has won 21 of his 27 starts.
- Urías’ starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 15 of 27 contests.
- The Padres have gone 8-18 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 30.8% of those games).
- San Diego has had an over/under set by bookmakers 139 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 71 of those games (71-64-4).
- The Padres score the 11th-most runs in baseball (641 total, 4.6 per game).
- San Diego has been named the moneyline underdog by bookmakers only once in the last 10 games, and lost that matchup.
- In their last 10 outings, the Padres and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Padres are sending Musgrove (10-8) to the mound to make his 27th start of the season. He is 10-8 with a 2.87 ERA and 173 strikeouts over 153 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Sunday against the Astros, when the righty went 5 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- Over Musgrove’s 26 starts, his team is 15-11.
- Musgrove has had 26 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in 13 of those outings.
|Fernando Tatis Jr.||107||.278||.359||.628||37||86||109|
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!