Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Philadelphia Phillies: Best Odds and Preview for August 11, 2021
Two of MLB’s best hitters face off when the Los Angeles Dodgers (68-45) and the Philadelphia Phillies (59-54) meet at 7:05 PM ET on Wednesday at Citizens Bank Park. Trea Turner has a .322 batting average (fourth in the league) for the favored Dodgers (-137), while Jean Segura ranks seventh in MLB action hitting .314 this season for the underdog Phillies (+117). David Price takes the mound first for Los Angeles, and Kyle Gibson is Philadelphia’s pick to start.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Dodgers vs Philadelphia Phillies
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game. Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Philadelphia Phillies in which the Phillies are currently the clear pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered, yet the Dodgers have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Dodgers vs Phillies Moneyline Action
- The Dodgers have been victorous in 68, or 61.8%, of the 110 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Los Angeles and their opponents have gone over in 52 of their 113 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Dodgers have scored 588 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB.
- Los Angeles has been favored in 10 of its past 10 games and won six of those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Dodgers and their opponents have combined to clear the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Price makes the start for the Dodgers, his ninth of the season. He is 4-1 with a 3.53 ERA and 46 strikeouts over 51 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last pitched on Saturday against the Angels, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Price’s team is 16-13 over his 29 starts.
- Price has started 29 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 12 of them.
- The Phillies have been the underdog on the moneyline 54 total times this season. They’ve gone 27-27 in those games.
- In the 113 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Philadelphia, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 58 times (58-54-1).
- The Phillies score the 13th-most runs in baseball (518 total, 4.6 per game).
- Philadelphia was named the moneyline underdog by bookmakers only twice over the last 10 games, and split those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Phillies and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Phillies will send Gibson (2-0) out to make his third start of the season.
- In his last time out on Friday, the righty tossed six innings against the Mets, giving up one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- His team has won both of the games he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Gibson’s two starts with a total this season finished 1-1 against the total.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers. Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!