Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Milwaukee Brewers: Best Odds and Preview for October 1, 2021
Corey Seager leads the Los Angeles Dodgers (103-56) into a matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers (95-64) after he homered twice in an 8-3 win over the Padres. The Dodgers are favorites (-205) against the Brewers (+174) in this outing, which starts at 10:10 PM ET on Friday.
Los Angeles’ Clayton Kershaw and Milwaukee’s Eric Lauer will take the mound first.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Dodgers vs Milwaukee Brewers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Milwaukee Brewers.
- The Dodgers have won in 103, or 66%, of the 156 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Los Angeles and their opponents have gone over in 66 of their 159 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Dodgers are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking fifth with 804 total runs this season.
- Los Angeles has played as the favorite in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 8-2 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Dodgers and their opponents have combined to clear the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Kershaw (10-8 with a 3.38 ERA and 143 strikeouts in 120 innings pitched) gets the start for the Dodgers, his 22nd of the season.
- In his last appearance on Sunday, the lefty tossed 4 1/3 innings against the Diamondbacks, giving up three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Kershaw’s team has a 13-8 record in his starts this season.
- Kershaw has started 21 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 10 of them.
- The Brewers have compiled a 19-14 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 57.6% of those games).
- Milwaukee has combined with opponents to go over the total 72 times this season for a 72-77-10 record against the over/under.
- The Brewers have the No. 10 offense in MLB play scoring 4.6 runs per game (726 total runs).
- Over the last 10 games, Milwaukee was named the moneyline underdog by bookmakers only two times, and it split those games.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Brewers and their opponents combined to hit the over four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lauer (7-5) takes the mound first for the Brewers in his 20th start of the season. He’s put together a 2.77 ERA in 113 2/3 innings pitched, with 114 strikeouts.
- His last time out was in relief on Sunday when the left-hander threw 2/3 innings against the Mets while allowing hits.
- Over Lauer’s 19 starts, his team is 10-9.
- Lauer has had 19 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and nine of those games finished over the total.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!