Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Atlanta Braves: Best Odds and Preview for September 1, 2021
The Los Angeles Dodgers (84-49) host the Atlanta Braves (70-61) at 10:10 PM ET on Wednesday in a matchup featuring two of the league’s most consistent batters. Trea Turner has a batting average .322 (first in the league) for the favored Dodgers (-214), and Austin Riley is seventh in MLB play hitting .305 this season for the underdog Braves (+179).
Los Angeles’ Max Scherzer and Atlanta’s Max Fried will take the mound first.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Dodgers vs Atlanta Braves
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Atlanta Braves in which the Dodgers are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Dodgers vs Braves Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||88%||12%|
|% of Stake||98%||2%|
- The Dodgers have been victorous in 84, or 64.6%, of the 130 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Los Angeles and their opponents have hit the over in 55 of their 133 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Dodgers are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking third with 676 total runs this season.
- Los Angeles has played as the favorite in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 7-3 in those contests.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Dodgers and their foes are 1-8-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Scherzer (12-4) takes the mound first for the Dodgers in his 25th start of the season. He has a 2.51 ERA in 140 innings pitched, with 188 strikeouts.
- His last appearance came on Friday against the Padres, when the righty went 7 2/3 scoreless innings while allowing two hits.
- All seven of Scherzer’s starts this season have ended in victory for his team.
- Scherzer has had seven starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and three of those games finished over the total.
- The Braves have won 20 of the 43 games they were listed as the moneyline underdog this season (46.5%).
- Atlanta has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 61 times this season for a 61-62-7 record against the over/under.
- The Braves have the No. 8 offense in MLB action scoring 4.9 runs per game (636 total runs).
- Atlanta has been listed as the moneyline underdog by oddsmakers just twice over the last 10 games, and lost both matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Braves and their opponents combined to go over the run total one time.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Fried makes the start for the Braves, his 23rd of the season. He is 11-7 with a 3.54 ERA and 122 strikeouts in 124 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Friday, the left-hander tossed six innings against the Giants, giving up three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Over Fried’s 22 starts, his team is 13-9.
- Fried has started 22 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 10 of them.
Pick for Dodgers vs. Braves
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with an in-depth games analysis favors the Dodgers to win over the Braves.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.