Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks: Best Odds and Preview for September 15, 2021
Oddsmakers give the Los Angeles Dodgers (93-53) the edge (-335 moneyline odds) to prolong their five-game winning streak when they play the Arizona Diamondbacks (47-98) (+260 moneyline odds) on Wednesday at 10:10 PM ET.
Los Angeles’ Julio Urias and Arizona’s Madison Bumgarner will start this matchup.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Dodgers vs Arizona Diamondbacks
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The Dodgers have won in 93, or 65%, of the 143 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 60 of their 146 opportunities.
- The Dodgers have scored the fifth-most runs in the league this season with 730.
- In 10 games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Los Angeles has a record of 7-3.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Dodgers and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on five occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Dodgers will send Urias (17-3) to the mound for his 29th start of the season. He is 17-3 with a 2.98 ERA and 175 strikeouts in 163 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Saturday against the Padres, the lefty tossed seven scoreless innings while surrendering three hits.
- Urías’ team has a 22-6 record in his starts this season.
- Urías has had 28 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 15 of those outings finished over the total.
- The Diamondbacks have compiled a 36-87 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 29.3% of those games).
- Arizona has played in 145 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 78 times (78-63-4).
- The Diamondbacks are the 24th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.2 runs per game (604 total).
- Arizona was the moneyline underdog for eight of its last 10 games, and finished 2-6 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Diamondbacks and their opponents combined to go over the run total eight times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Bumgarner makes the start for the Diamondbacks, his 24th of the season. He is 7-10 with a 4.66 ERA and 112 strikeouts in 129 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Saturday against the Mariners, the left-hander threw six innings, allowing five earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- Bumgarner’s team has a 9-14 record in his starts this season.
- Bumgarner’s starts went over the run total 11 times in 23 games with a set total this season.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.