Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks: Best Odds and Preview for September 13, 2021
Will Smith will try to notch his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when his Los Angeles Dodgers (91-53) play the Arizona Diamondbacks (47-96) on Monday at 10:10 PM ET. The Dodgers are favored (-275) over the Diamondbacks (+225).
Los Angeles’ Clayton Kershaw starts against Arizona’s Zac Gallen.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Dodgers vs Arizona Diamondbacks
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The Dodgers have won in 91, or 64.5%, of the 141 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 59 of their 144 opportunities.
- The Dodgers have scored 725 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB.
- In 10 games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Los Angeles has a record of 6-4.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Dodgers and their opponents are 4-5-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Dodgers are sending Kershaw (9-7) to the mound for his 19th start of the season as he tries for his 10th win. He is 9-7 with a 3.39 ERA and 127 strikeouts over 106 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out was on Saturday, July 3 against the Nationals, when the left-hander threw four innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Kershaw’s team has an 11-7 record in his starts this season.
- Kershaw’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in eight of 18 games.
- The Diamondbacks have won 36 of the 121 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (29.8%).
- Arizona has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 143 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 77 of those games (77-62-4).
- The Diamondbacks score the 23rd-most runs in baseball (603 total, 4.2 per game).
- Arizona has a 3-5 record from the eight games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Diamondbacks and their opponents combined to hit the over eight times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gallen makes the start for the Diamondbacks, his 20th of the season. He is 2-9 with a 4.32 ERA and 114 strikeouts in 98 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Wednesday against the Rangers, the righty went 6 2/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- In Gallen’s 19 starts, his team is 4-15.
- Gallen’s starts went over the run total 12 times in 19 games with a set total this season.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!