Los Angeles Chargers vs. Washington Football Team: Best Odds and Preview for Week 1
The Los Angeles Chargers (0-0) are favored by 1 point against the Washington Football Team (0-0) on September 12, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. An over/under of 44.5 points has been established for the matchup.
Best odds for Chargers vs. Washington
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Chargers Vs. Washington Spread Betting Action
Los Angeles stats and betting info
Betting trends for Los Angeles
- Los Angeles put together a 9-7-0 record against the spread last season.
- The Chargers were favored by 1 point or more nine times last season, and covered the spread in five of those games.
- Los Angeles and its opponents combined to go over the point total nine out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||284.3 (4548)||6|
|Rush yards||111.5 (1784)||18|
|Points scored||24.0 (384)||18|
|Pass yards against||232.2 (3715)||5|
|Rush yards against||119.8 (1917)||18|
|Points allowed||26.6 (426)||23|
Key players for Los Angeles
- Justin Herbert’s previous season stat line featured 4,336 passing yards (271.0 yards per game) while going 396-for-595 (66.6% completion percentage) with 31 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He also rushed for 234 yards on 55 carries with five rushing touchdowns, averaging 14.6 yards per game.
- Last year, Austin Ekeler went to work rushing for 530 yards on 116 attempts (53.0 yards per game) and scored one touchdown. Ekeler collected 40.3 receiving yards per game with 54 catches for 403 yards and two touchdowns as well.
- Joshua Kelley collected 354 rushing yards on 111 carries (22.1 yards per game) and two touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Keenan Allen hauled in 100 catches for 992 yards (66.1 ypg) while he was targeted 147 times. He also scored eight touchdowns.
- Mike Williams tacked on 756 yards on 48 grabs with five touchdowns. He was targeted 85 times and averaged 47.3 receiving yards per game last year.
- Jalen Guyton’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 511 yards, 28 catches, three touchdowns, and 31.9 yards per game (on 55 targets).
Los Angeles injuries
Chargers: Bryan Bulaga: Questionable (Hamstring), Trai Turner: Questionable (Knee), Virgil Green: Questionable (Quadricep), Mike Williams: Questionable (Shoulder), Mike Pouncey: Out (Hip)
Washington stats and betting info
Betting trends for Washington
- Washington covered eight times in 16 matchups with a spread last season.
- The Football Team had an ATS record of 7-5-1 when playing as at least 1-point underdogs last year.
- Washington and its opponents combined to go over the point total five out of 16 times last year.
|Pass yards||237.3 (3796)||24|
|Rush yards||100.7 (1611)||26|
|Points scored||20.9 (335)||25|
|Pass yards against||212.1 (3393)||1|
|Rush yards against||112.8 (1805)||13|
|Points allowed||20.6 (329)||4|
Key players for Washington
- Ryan Fitzpatrick completed 68.5% of his passes to throw for 2,091 yards and 13 touchdowns last season. Fitzpatrick also helped with his legs, collecting two touchdowns on 10.1 yards per game.
- Antonio Gibson racked up 11 rushing touchdowns on 49.7 yards per game last season. Gibson was also efficient in the passing game, accumulating 36 catches over the course of the year.
- J.D. McKissic ran for one touchdown on 365 yards a year ago. McKissic also was effective as a receiver, totaling 80 receptions for 589 yards with two touchdowns.
- Terry McLaurin averaged 69.9 yards on 5.4 receptions per game and compiled four receiving touchdowns in 2020.
- Curtis Samuel averaged 53.2 receiving yards on 6.1 targets per game in 2020, scoring three touchdowns.
- Logan Thomas grabbed 72 passes on his way to 670 receiving yards and six touchdowns a season ago.
Washington: Saahdiq Charles: Questionable (Calf), Thomas Davis Sr.: Out (Calf), Kendall Fuller: Doubtful (Knee)
Pick for Chargers vs. Football Team
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites favors the Football Team to cover the spread against the Chargers.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!