Los Angeles Chargers vs. Cleveland Browns: Best Odds and Preview for Week 5
The Cleveland Browns (3-1) will be aiming to extend a three-game winning run against the Los Angeles Chargers (2-1). Despite that, the Chargers are slim favorites (-1). The over/under for this one is set at 49.5 points.
Best odds for Chargers vs. Browns
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Los Angeles Chargers and Cleveland Browns in which the Browns are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Chargers Vs. Browns Spread Betting Action
Los Angeles stats and betting info
Betting trends for Los Angeles
- Los Angeles has covered the spread twice in three opportunities this season.
- The Chargers have not yet covered the spread as favorites of 1 point or more this season (0-1).
- Los Angeles has not hit the over on a point total in three games with a set over/under.
|Pass yards||318.7 (956)||3|
|Rush yards||87.3 (262)||25|
|Points scored||22.3 (67)||27|
|Pass yards against||210.7 (632)||5|
|Rush yards against||170.0 (510)||32|
|Points allowed||20.0 (60)||8|
Key players for Los Angeles
- Justin Herbert has compiled 956 yards (318.7 ypg) on 88-of-126 passing with six touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season.
- Austin Ekeler has compiled 166 rushing yards on 35 carries, scoring one touchdown. He’s also added 113 yards (37.7 per game) on 15 catches with one touchdown.
- Larry Rountree III has racked up 29 yards on 13 carries..
- Mike Williams’ 295 yards as a receiver lead the team. He’s been targeted 31 times and has collected 22 catches and four touchdowns.
- Keenan Allen has put up a 258-yard season so far with one touchdown, reeling in 21 passes on 33 targets.
Los Angeles injuries
Chargers: Tyrod Taylor: Out (Ribs), Mike Williams: Questionable (Hamstring), Joey Bosa: Questionable (Triceps), Bryan Bulaga: Out (Back), Trai Turner: Out (Groin), Jessie Lemonier: Questionable (Shin)
Cleveland stats and betting info
Betting trends for Cleveland
- So far this year, Cleveland has compiled a 3-1-0 record against the spread.
- The Browns are 1-0 against the spread so far when playing as at least 1-point underdogs.
- Two of Cleveland’s four games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
|Pass yards||233.8 (935)||26|
|Rush yards||177.0 (708)||1|
|Points scored||25.0 (100)||11|
|Pass yards against||208.8 (835)||4|
|Rush yards against||66.5 (266)||3|
|Points allowed||16.8 (67)||4|
Key players for Cleveland
- Baker Mayfield has racked up 935 yards (233.8 ypg) while completing 65.5% of his passes and recording two touchdown passes with two interceptions this season. He’s also run for 59 yards with one touchdown.
- Nick Chubb is his team’s leading rusher with 69 carries for 362 yards, or 90.5 per game. He’s found paydirt three times on the ground, as well.
- Kareem Hunt leads his squad with 121 receiving yards (30.3 ypg) on 12 catches while piling up 234 rushing yards on 43 carries with three touchdowns.
- Rashard Higgins has caught eight passes and compiled 114 receiving yards (28.5 per game).
- David Njoku’s seven receptions (on 10 targets) have netted him 111 yards (27.8 ypg).
Browns: Karl Joseph: Questionable (Hamstring), Adrian Clayborn: Questionable (Hip), Larry Ogunjobi: Out (Abdomen), Tae Davis: Out (Elbow), Greedy Williams: Out (Shoulder)
Pick for Chargers vs. Browns
An in-depth statistical analysis paired with the betting split data from regulated betting sites favors the Browns to cover the spread against the Chargers.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!