Los Angeles Angels vs. Texas Rangers: Best Odds and Preview for September 6, 2021
The Texas Rangers (48-88) play the Los Angeles Angels (68-69) after DJ Peters had a four-hit showing in a 7-3 win over the Angels. The Angels are favored (-145) in this matchup with the Rangers (+126), which begins at 9:07 PM ET on Monday.
Los Angeles’ Jaime Barria starts against Texas’ A.J. Alexy.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Angels vs Texas Rangers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Angels and Texas Rangers in which the Angels are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Angels vs Rangers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||89%||11%|
|% of Stake||88%||12%|
- The Angels have come away with 38 wins in the 67 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Contests with Los Angeles have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 75 of 137 chances this season.
- The Angels rank 13th in the league with 621 total runs scored this season.
- In four games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Los Angeles has a record of 2-2.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Angels and their opponents have combined to clear the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Barria (2-2) gets the starting nod for the Angels in his eighth start of the season. He has a 5.40 ERA in 38 1/3 innings pitched, with 21 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Wednesday against the Yankees, the right-hander threw 4 1/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Barria’s team has won three of his seven starts.
- Barria’s starts went over the run total four times in seven games with a set total this season.
- The Rangers have won 41 of the 119 games they were listed as the moneyline underdog this season (34.5%).
- Texas has played in 136 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 65 times (65-63-8).
- The Rangers are the second-lowest scoring team in MLB play averaging 3.9 runs per game (526 total).
- Texas went 4-6 over the 10 games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Rangers and their opponents combined to go over the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Alexy (1-0) gets the starting nod for the Rangers, his second this season.
- In his most recent appearance on Tuesday, the right-hander threw five scoreless innings against the Rockies while surrendering one hit.
- His team has won the only game he’s appeared in this season.
- Alexy’s lone start with a total this season went under.
Pick for Angels vs. Rangers
Betting split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis favors the Angels to win over the Rangers.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.