Los Angeles Angels vs. Texas Rangers: Best Odds and Preview for September 4, 2021
Oddsmakers don’t expect the Texas Rangers (47-87) (-168 moneyline odds) to end their three-game road losing streak when they face the Los Angeles Angels (67-68) (-168 moneyline odds) on Saturday at 9:07 PM ET.
Los Angeles’ Jose Suarez starts against Texas’ Kolby Allard.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Angels vs Texas Rangers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Angels and Texas Rangers in which the Angels are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Angels vs Rangers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||78%||22%|
|% of Stake||84%||16%|
- The Angels have won in 37, or 56.9%, of the 65 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 74 of their 135 opportunities.
- The Angels have scored 614 runs (4.5 per game) this season, which ranks 14th in MLB.
- Los Angeles has been favored in three of its past 10 games and won two of those matchups.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Angels and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on six occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Suarez makes the start for the Angels, his 10th of the season. He is 5-7 with a 4.10 ERA and 61 strikeouts in 68 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Sunday, the lefty went 3 2/3 innings against the Padres, allowing two earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- Suarez’s team has a 3-6 record in his starts this season.
- Suarez’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in three of nine games.
- The Rangers have won 40 of the 117 games they were the moneyline underdog this season (34.2%).
- Texas has played in 134 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 64 times (64-62-8).
- The Rangers are the third-lowest scoring team in MLB action averaging 3.9 runs per game (518 total).
- Texas went 4-6 over the 10 games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Rangers and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Allard (3-11 with a 5.01 ERA and 86 strikeouts in 106 innings pitched) gets the start for the Rangers, his 17th of the season.
- The lefty’s most recent appearance was on Saturday against the Astros, when he tossed six innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- Allard’s team has won three of his 16 starts.
- Allard has had 16 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in seven of those outings.
Pick for Angels vs. Rangers
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites paired with an in-depth statistical analysis favors the Angels to win over the Rangers.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!