Los Angeles Angels vs. Texas Rangers: Best Odds and Preview for September 3, 2021
The Texas Rangers (47-86) will look to Nick Solak, who is on a 10-game hitting streak, when they take on the Los Angeles Angels (66-68). The Angels are favored (-215) in this contest with the Rangers (+179), which begins at 9:38 PM ET on Friday at Angel Stadium.
Shohei Ohtani starts for Los Angeles, and Glenn Otto is Texas’ pick to start.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Angels vs Texas Rangers
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Angels and Texas Rangers in which the Angels are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Angels vs Rangers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||96%||4%|
|% of Stake||99%||1%|
- The Angels have been favorites in 64 games this season and have come away with the win 36 times (56.2%) in those contests.
- Los Angeles and their opponents have gone over in 74 of their 134 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Angels have scored the 13th-most runs in the league this season with 611 (4.6 per game).
- Los Angeles has been favored just two times in their last 10 contests and split those games 1-1.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Angels and their foes are 6-4 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Ohtani (8-1) gets the starting nod for the Angels in his 20th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.00 ERA in 105 innings pitched, with 127 strikeouts.
- In his most recent appearance — in relief on Wednesday — the righty threw 2/3 innings against the Yankees while surrendering hits.
- Ohtani’s team has won 12 of his 19 starts.
- Ohtani has had 19 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and nine of those outings finished over the total.
- The Rangers have been the moneyline underdog 116 total times this season. They’ve finished 40-76 in those games.
- Texas has played in 133 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 64 times (64-61-8).
- The Rangers score the third-fewest runs in baseball (516 total, 3.9 per game).
- Texas played as the moneyline underdog for each of its last 10 games, and finished 4-6 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Rangers and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Otto (0-0) gets the starting nod for the Rangers, his second this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the Astros, when he tossed five scoreless innings while giving up two hits.
- His team has lost the only matchup he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Otto’s lone start with a total this season pushed.
Pick for Angels vs. Rangers
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis favors the Angels to win over the Rangers.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.