Los Angeles Angels vs Houston Astros Betting Odds & Game Analysis | July 13
The Houston Astros visit the Los Angeles Angels at Angel Stadium of Anaheim, taking the field at 9:38pm ET on Wednesday July 13th, 9:38pm ET. The Houston Astros are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 7 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the Major League Baseball game between the Houston Astros and Los Angeles Angels.
Los Angeles and Houston Betting Info
- Each of the Astros’ last five night games against American League opponents have gone OVER the total runs line.
- The Angels have lost each of their last eight games against American League opponents.
Houston Astros Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.242|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.5|
Key Players for Houston
- Thomas Pressly: 3.24 ERA, 9.36 K/9, 1.04 WHIP
- Framber Valdez: 2.64 ERA, 7.93 K/9, 1.11 WHIP
- Seth Martinez: 0.79 ERA, 8.33 K/9, 0.75 WHIP
- Martín Maldonado: .157 Batting Avg, .229 OBP, .313 SLG, .542 OPS, 22 Runs
- Yulieski Gurriel: .229 Batting Avg, .281 OBP, .385 SLG, .666 OPS, 30 Runs
- Jeremy Peña: .264 Batting Avg, .312 OBP, .459 SLG, .771 OPS, 36 Runs
- Jacob Meyers: .296 Batting Avg, .328 OBP, .444 SLG, .772 OPS, 8 Runs
- Jose Altuve: .280 Batting Avg, .372 OBP, .534 SLG, .906 OPS, 47 Runs
- Joseph Matijevic: .182 Batting Avg, .229 OBP, .424 SLG, .653 OPS, 4 Runs
- Kyle Tucker: .259 Batting Avg, .351 OBP, .486 SLG, .837 OPS, 38 Runs
- Alexander Bregman: .243 Batting Avg, .363 OBP, .425 SLG, .788 OPS, 46 Runs
Los Angeles Angels Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.231|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.0|
Key Players for Los Angeles
- Shohei Ohtani: 2.44 ERA, 12.33 K/9, 0.99 WHIP
- Austin Warren: 3.65 ERA, 5.11 K/9, 1.46 WHIP
- Reid Detmers: 4.22 ERA, 7.17 K/9, 1.05 WHIP
- Michael Trout: .270 Batting Avg, .368 OBP, .599 SLG, .967 OPS, 55 Runs
- Max Stassi: .207 Batting Avg, .317 OBP, .333 SLG, .650 OPS, 18 Runs
- Andrew Velazquez: .164 Batting Avg, .206 OBP, .262 SLG, .468 OPS, 22 Runs
- Luis Rengifo: .243 Batting Avg, .286 OBP, .384 SLG, .670 OPS, 17 Runs
- Brandon Marsh: .225 Batting Avg, .279 OBP, .336 SLG, .615 OPS, 28 Runs
- Jared Walsh: .243 Batting Avg, .286 OBP, .424 SLG, .710 OPS, 33 Runs
- Joseph Ward: .292 Batting Avg, .385 OBP, .511 SLG, .896 OPS, 42 Runs
In the last 5 matchups between the Angels and Astros, the Angels won once and the Astros won four times. Their most recent matchup on July 12, 2022 ended 6-5 with the Houston Astros taking the win.
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analyst.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Odds across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Player Props | Jose Trevino | Friday
The New York Yankees visit the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park, taking the field at 7:10pm ET on Friday August 12th. The Boston Red Sox are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 9 runs…
Yankees vs. Red Sox Player Props | Andrew Benintendi | Friday
White Sox vs. Tigers Player Props | Gavin Sheets | Friday
The Detroit Tigers visit the Chicago White Sox at Guaranteed Rate Field, taking the field at 7:10pm ET on Friday August 12th. The Detroit Tigers are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8 runs…
White Sox vs. Tigers Player Props | Andrew Vaughn | Friday
Washington Nationals vs San Diego Padres Betting Odds & Game Analysis | August 12
The San Diego Padres visit the Washington Nationals at Nationals Park, taking the field at 7:05pm ET on Friday August 12th, 7:05pm ET. The Washington Nationals are 2-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 9 runs…