Los Angeles Angels vs. Detroit Tigers: Best Odds and Preview for August 18, 2021
Shohei Ohtani will look for his 40th home run this season when his Los Angeles Angels (60-61) visit the Detroit Tigers (58-63) at Comerica Park on Wednesday, beginning at 7:10 PM ET. Ohtani’s Angels are favored (-133) in the outing against the Tigers (+112). Los Angeles’ Ohtani and Detroit’s Tarik Skubal pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
Best Odds for Los Angeles Angels vs Detroit Tigers
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Los Angeles Angels and Detroit Tigers in which the Angels are currently the pick among bettors to claim victory.
Angels vs Tigers Moneyline Action
- The Angels have won in 33, or 55%, of the 60 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Los Angeles and their opponents have hit the over in 66 of their 121 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Angels rank 13th in the league with 547 total runs scored this season.
- The Angels are listed as odds-on favorites for the first time in quite a while, they have been posted as underdogs in their last 10 games.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Angels and their opponents are 6-4 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Ohtani (7-1 with a 2.93 ERA and 112 strikeouts in 92 innings pitched) makes the start for the Angels, his 18th of the season.
- The right-hander last appeared in relief on Tuesday, when he tossed 2/3 innings against the Tigers while giving up hits.
- Ohtani’s team has won 58 of his 118 starts.
- Ohtani’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 64 of 118 games.
- The Tigers have been the underdog on the moneyline 99 total times this season. They’ve finished 45-54 in those games.
- Detroit has played in 121 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 54 times (54-62-5).
- The Tigers are the 17th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.4 runs per game (530 total).
- Detroit was the moneyline underdog for six of its last 10 games, and finished 2-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Tigers and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Tigers will send Skubal (8-10) out for his 22nd start of the season. He is 8-10 with a 4.10 ERA and 127 strikeouts in 116 1/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s last time out was on Wednesday against the Orioles, when he went six scoreless innings while giving up five hits.
- Skubal’s team has won 10 of his 23 starts.
- Skubal’s starts hit the over on the run total nine times in 23 games with a set total this season.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!