Kansas City Royals vs. Cleveland Indians: Best Odds and Preview for September 2, 2021
A pair of MLB’s top power hitters square off when the Kansas City Royals (59-73) and the Cleveland Indians (66-64) play at 8:10 PM ET on Thursday at Kauffman Stadium. Salvador Perez has 38 homers (third in the league) for the favored Royals (-125), and Jose Ramirez ranks eighth in MLB play with 31 round-trippers this season for the Indians (+105).
Mike Minor gets the starting nod for Kansas City, and Triston McKenzie is Cleveland’s pick to start.
Best Odds for Kansas City Royals vs Cleveland Indians
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Kansas City Royals and Cleveland Indians.
- The Royals have been favorites in 39 games this season and have come away with the win 20 times (51.3%) in those contests.
- Kansas City’s games have gone over the total in 57 of their 132 opportunities.
- The Royals rank 24th in the league with 546 total runs scored this season.
- In three games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Kansas City has a record of 1-2.
- When it comes to the total, the Royals and their opponents are 5-5 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Minor (8-11) gets the starting nod for the Royals in his 27th start of the season. He has a 5.30 ERA in 147 2/3 innings pitched, with 142 strikeouts.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday, Aug. 25 against the Astros, when he threw six innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Over Minor’s 26 starts, his team is 10-16.
- Minor’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 10 of 26 contests.
- The Indians have won 29 of the 71 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (40.8%).
- Cleveland has played in 128 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 67 times (67-55-6).
- The Indians have the No. 17 offense in MLB action scoring 4.5 runs per game (581 total runs).
- Cleveland was the underdog on the moneyline in five of its last 10 games, and went 3-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Indians and their opponents combined to go over the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- McKenzie gets the start for the Indians, his 19th of the season. He is 3-5 with a 4.83 ERA and 107 strikeouts in 91 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday, Aug. 21, the right-hander went seven innings against the Angels, allowing one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- In McKenzie’s 18 starts, his team is 8-10.
- McKenzie’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in nine of 18 contests.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!