Kansas City Royals vs Boston Red Sox Betting Odds & Game Analysis | August 4
The Boston Red Sox visit the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium, taking the field at 8:10pm ET on Thursday August 4th, 8:10pm ET. The Kansas City Royals are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 9 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the Major League Baseball game between the Boston Red Sox and Kansas City Royals.
Kansas City and Boston Betting Info
- Each of the Royals’ last five home games have gone UNDER the total runs line.
- The Red Sox have lost seven of their last eight games as favorites.
Boston Red Sox Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.252|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.5|
Key Players for Boston
- Tanner Houck: 3.15 ERA, 8.40 K/9, 1.18 WHIP
- Brayan Bello: 8.47 ERA, 7.94 K/9, 2.29 WHIP
- Joshua Winckowski: 5.00 ERA, 5.60 K/9, 1.51 WHIP
- Julio Martinez: .284 Batting Avg, .350 OBP, .454 SLG, .804 OPS, 52 Runs
- Xander Bogaerts: .312 Batting Avg, .387 OBP, .460 SLG, .847 OPS, 58 Runs
- Kevin Plawecki: .170 Batting Avg, .263 OBP, .240 SLG, .503 OPS, 9 Runs
- Rafael Devers: .322 Batting Avg, .376 OBP, .605 SLG, .981 OPS, 63 Runs
- Alex Verdugo: .264 Batting Avg, .304 OBP, .368 SLG, .672 OPS, 39 Runs
- Thomas Pham: .250 Batting Avg, .250 OBP, .375 SLG, .625 OPS, 1 Run
- Jarren Duran: .232 Batting Avg, .280 OBP, .384 SLG, .664 OPS, 20 Runs
- Christian Arroyo: .248 Batting Avg, .303 OBP, .391 SLG, .694 OPS, 16 Runs
Kansas City Royals Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.244|
|AVG Runs Scored||3.8|
Key Players for Kansas City
- Scott Barlow: 2.36 ERA, 8.69 K/9, 1.07 WHIP
- Luke Weaver: 0.00 ERA, 18.00 K/9, 2.00 WHIP
- Kristofer Bubic: 5.45 ERA, 7.39 K/9, 1.60 WHIP
- Mervyl Melendez: .225 Batting Avg, .312 OBP, .405 SLG, .717 OPS, 28 Runs
- Nicholas Pratto: .184 Batting Avg, .305 OBP, .347 SLG, .652 OPS, 2 Runs
- Nicholas Lopez: .248 Batting Avg, .303 OBP, .296 SLG, .599 OPS, 36 Runs
- Robert Witt Jr.: .255 Batting Avg, .298 OBP, .455 SLG, .753 OPS, 52 Runs
- Vincent Pasquantino: .214 Batting Avg, .308 OBP, .325 SLG, .633 OPS, 9 Runs
- Michael A. Taylor: .275 Batting Avg, .345 OBP, .386 SLG, .731 OPS, 31 Runs
- Salvador Perez: .211 Batting Avg, .249 OBP, .445 SLG, .694 OPS, 28 Runs
- Kyle Isbel: .203 Batting Avg, .238 OBP, .297 SLG, .535 OPS, 14 Runs
- Hunter Dozier: .251 Batting Avg, .314 OBP, .424 SLG, .738 OPS, 37 Runs
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analyst.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Odds across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Player Props | Jose Trevino | Friday
The New York Yankees visit the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park, taking the field at 7:10pm ET on Friday August 12th. The Boston Red Sox are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 9 runs…
Yankees vs. Red Sox Player Props | Andrew Benintendi | Friday
White Sox vs. Tigers Player Props | Gavin Sheets | Friday
The Detroit Tigers visit the Chicago White Sox at Guaranteed Rate Field, taking the field at 7:10pm ET on Friday August 12th. The Detroit Tigers are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8 runs…
White Sox vs. Tigers Player Props | Andrew Vaughn | Friday
Washington Nationals vs San Diego Padres Betting Odds & Game Analysis | August 12
The San Diego Padres visit the Washington Nationals at Nationals Park, taking the field at 7:05pm ET on Friday August 12th, 7:05pm ET. The Washington Nationals are 2-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 9 runs…