Kansas City Chiefs vs. Washington Football Team: Best Odds and Preview for Week 6
The Kansas City Chiefs (2-3) are considered favorites (-6.5) according to the point spread ahead of their game versus the Washington Football Team (2-3) on October 17, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. An over/under of 55.5 points has been set for the matchup.
Best odds for Chiefs vs. Washington
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and Washington Football Team in which the Chiefs are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Chiefs Vs. Washington Spread Betting Action
Kansas City stats and betting info
Betting trends for Kansas City
- Kansas City is 1-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Chiefs have a 1-1 record against the spread when favored by 6.5 points or more this season.
- Four of Kansas City’s five games with a set total have hit the over (80%).
|Pass yards||295.8 (1479)||6|
|Rush yards||128.2 (641)||7|
|Points scored||30.8 (154)||5|
|Pass yards against||308.6 (1543)||29|
|Rush yards against||141.0 (705)||29|
|Points allowed||32.6 (163)||32|
Key players for Kansas City
- Patrick Mahomes II leads Kansas City with 1,479 yards (295.8 ypg) on 135-of-195 passing with 16 touchdowns and six interceptions this season. He also has 153 rushing yards on 23 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire has 304 rushing yards on 65 carries.
- Tyreek Hill’s team-high 516 yards as a receiver have come on 37 catches (out of 51 targets) with four touchdowns.
- Travis Kelce has reeled in 30 passes while averaging 73.8 yards per game and scoring four touchdowns.
- Mecole Hardman has racked up 22 grabs for 199 yards, an average of 39.8 yards per game. He’s scored one time as a receiver this season.
Kansas City injuries
Chiefs: No Injuries Listed
Washington stats and betting info
Betting trends for Washington
- Washington has covered the spread once in five opportunities this season.
- The Football Team are winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Four of Washington’s five games with a set total have hit the over (80%).
|Pass yards||244.2 (1221)||25|
|Rush yards||108.8 (544)||16|
|Points scored||24.6 (123)||11|
|Pass yards against||301.4 (1507)||27|
|Rush yards against||114.4 (572)||18|
|Points allowed||31.0 (155)||31|
Key players for Washington
- Taylor Heinicke has done it all for Washington with 1,208 yards on 102-of-159 passing with eight touchdowns and five interceptions this season. He also leads the team in rushing with 127 yards and one touchdown on the ground.
- Antonio Gibson has carried the ball 79 times for 313 yards, with three touchdowns. He’s also tacked on 10 catches for 119 yards and one touchdown.
- Terry McLaurin paces his team with 400 receiving yards on 29 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Adam Humphries has caught 14 passes and compiled 153 receiving yards (30.6 per game).
- J.D. McKissic’s 18 targets have resulted in 13 receptions for 150 yards and one touchdown.
Washington: Joshua Garnett: Out (Illness), David Sharpe: Out (Illness), Ryan Anderson: Questionable (Back)
Pick for Chiefs vs. Football Team
Betting split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis points to the Chiefs being favored to cover the spread against the Football Team.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!