Kansas City Chiefs vs. Philadelphia Eagles: Best Odds and Preview for Week 4
The Kansas City Chiefs (1-2) are considered favorites (-6.5) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game versus the Philadelphia Eagles (1-1) on October 3, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 55 points.
Best odds for Chiefs vs. Eagles
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles in which the Chiefs are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Chiefs Vs. Eagles Spread Betting Action
Kansas City stats and betting info
Betting trends for Kansas City
- Kansas City won seven games against the spread last season, while failing to cover nine times.
- The Chiefs covered the spread four times last season (4-8 ATS) when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total eight times in Kansas City’s games.
|Pass yards||312.8 (5005)||1|
|Rush yards||112.4 (1799)||16|
|Points scored||29.6 (473)||6|
|Pass yards against||248.0 (3968)||15|
|Rush yards against||122.1 (1954)||21|
|Points allowed||22.6 (362)||10|
Key players for Kansas City
- Last season Patrick Mahomes II recorded an impressive passing stat line with 4,740 yards (296.3 per game), a 66.3% completion percentage, 38 touchdowns, and only six interceptions. He also added 308 rushing yards on 62 carries with two rushing TDs (averaging 19.3 yards per game).
- Last year Clyde Edwards-Helaire went to work rushing, for 803 yards on 181 attempts (50.2 yards per game) and scored four times. Edwards-Helaire also collected 36 catches for 297 yards and one score.
- Jerick McKinnon put up 319 yards on 81 carries (19.9 yards per game), with five rushing touchdowns last year. He was also successful in the air, catching 33 passes for 253 yards (15.8 per game) and one TD.
- Travis Kelce reeled in 105 catches for 1,416 yards (88.5 per game) while being targeted 145 times. He also scored 11 touchdowns.
- Tyreek Hill amassed 1,276 yards on 87 grabs with 15 touchdowns. He was targeted 135 times, and averaged 79.8 receiving yards per game.
- Mecole Hardman grabbed 41 passes on 62 targets for 560 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 35.0 receiving yards per game.
Kansas City injuries
Chiefs: Chris Jones: Questionable (Groin)
Philadelphia stats and betting info
Betting trends for Philadelphia
- Philadelphia won six games against the spread last season, while failing to cover 10 times.
- The Eagles were 5-2 ATS last year when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Last season, seven of Philadelphia’s games went over the point total.
|Pass yards||233.0 (3728)||26|
|Rush yards||126.7 (2027)||9|
|Points scored||20.9 (334)||26|
|Pass yards against||257.6 (4122)||18|
|Rush yards against||125.8 (2012)||23|
|Points allowed||26.1 (418)||20|
Key players for Philadelphia
- Gardner Minshew completed 66.1% of his passes to throw for 2,259 yards and 16 touchdowns last season.
- Miles Sanders averaged 54.2 rushing yards and collected six rushing touchdowns.
- Boston Scott ran for one touchdown on 374 yards a year ago.
- Dallas Goedert averaged 43.7 receiving yards and collected three receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2020 season.
- Greg Ward grabbed six touchdowns and had 419 receiving yards (26.2 ypg) in 2020.
- Jalen Reagor averaged 33.0 receiving yards per game on 4.5 targets per game a season ago.
Eagles: Alshon Jeffery: Out (Foot), Trevor Williams: Out (Rib), J.J. Arcega-Whiteside: Doubtful (Calf), Avonte Maddox: Out (Ankle), Jason Peters: Questionable (Foot), DeSean Jackson: Out (Hamstring)
Pick for Chiefs vs. Eagles
Our in-depth games analysis paired with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Chiefs to cover the spread against the Eagles.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.