Kansas City Chiefs vs. Cleveland Browns: Best Odds and Preview for Week 1
The Kansas City Chiefs (0-0) are considered favorites (-6.5) according to the oddsmakers ahead of their game versus the Cleveland Browns (0-0) on September 12, 2021, starting at 4:25 PM ET. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 54.5.
Best odds for Chiefs vs. Browns
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and Cleveland Browns in which the Chiefs are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Chiefs Vs. Browns Spread Betting Action
Kansas City stats and betting info
Betting trends for Kansas City
- Kansas City went 7-9-0 ATS last season.
- The Chiefs covered the spread four times last season (4-8 ATS) when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Last season, eight of Kansas City’s games hit the over.
|Pass yards||312.8 (5005)||1|
|Rush yards||112.4 (1799)||16|
|Points scored||29.6 (473)||6|
|Pass yards against||248 (3968)||15|
|Rush yards against||122.1 (1954)||21|
|Points allowed||22.6 (362)||10|
Key players for Kansas City
- Patrick Mahomes II’s previous season stat line featured 4,740 passing yards (296.3 yards per game) while going 390-for-588 (66.3% completion percentage) with 38 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also ran for 308 yards on 62 carries with two rushing touchdowns, averaging 19.3 yards per game.
- Last year, Clyde Edwards-Helaire picked up 803 rushing yards (50.2 yards per game) and four touchdowns. In the receiving game, he made 36 catches for 297 yards (18.6 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Jerick McKinnon collected 319 rushing yards on 81 carries (19.9 yards per game) and five touchdowns last season. McKinnon also put his name on the receiving stat lines with 33 catches for 253 yards (15.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- In the previous season, Travis Kelce hauled in 105 catches for 1,416 yards (88.5 ypg) while he was targeted 145 times. He also scored 11 touchdowns.
- Tyreek Hill also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He collected 87 receptions for 1,276 yards and 15 touchdowns. He was targeted 135 times and put up 79.8 receiving yards per game.
- Mecole Hardman reeled in 41 passes on 62 targets for 560 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 35 yards per game last year.
Kansas City injuries
Chiefs: No Injuries Listed
Cleveland stats and betting info
Betting trends for Cleveland
- Cleveland compiled a 6-10-0 ATS record last year.
- The Browns were an underdog by 6.5 points or more two times last season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- A total of nine of Cleveland’s games last season hit the over.
|Pass yards||231.3 (3701)||27|
|Rush yards||148.4 (2374)||3|
|Points scored||25.5 (408)||14|
|Pass yards against||264 (4224)||21|
|Rush yards against||110.8 (1773)||9|
|Points allowed||26.2 (419)||21|
Key players for Cleveland
- Baker Mayfield averaged 222.7 passing yards per outing and tossed 26 touchdowns last season. In addition, he added one touchdown on 10.3 yards on the ground per game.
- Nick Chubb compiled 1,067 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Kareem Hunt rushed for 841 yards and six touchdowns last season. He also averaged 19 receiving yards per game.
- Jarvis Landry was targeted 6.7 times per game and piled up 840 receiving yards and three touchdowns over the course of 2020.
- Rashard Higgins caught 37 passes last season on his way to 599 yards and four receiving touchdowns.
- Austin Hooper averaged 27.2 receiving yards per game on 4.4 targets per game a season ago.
Browns: Greedy Williams: Out (Shoulder), Kevin Johnson: Out (Liver), M.J. Stewart Jr.: Questionable (Hamstring), J.C. Tretter: Questionable (Knee), Mack Wilson: Out (Knee), Chris Hubbard: Out (Ankle)
Pick for Chiefs vs. Browns
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Chiefs to cover the spread against the Browns.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!