Kansas City Chiefs vs. Baltimore Ravens: Best Odds and Preview for Week 2
The Kansas City Chiefs (1-0) are favored by 3 points against the Baltimore Ravens (0-0) on September 19, 2021, starting at 8:20 PM ET. An over/under of 55.5 points has been set for the matchup.
Best odds for Chiefs vs. Ravens
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens in which the Chiefs are currently the pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Chiefs Vs. Ravens Spread Betting Action
Kansas City stats and betting info
Betting trends for Kansas City
- Kansas City compiled a 7-9-0 record against the spread last season.
- When playing as at least 3-point favorites last season, the Chiefs had an ATS record of 6-10.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total eight times in Kansas City’s games.
|Pass yards||312.8 (5005)||1|
|Rush yards||112.4 (1799)||16|
|Points scored||29.6 (473)||6|
|Pass yards against||248.0 (3968)||15|
|Rush yards against||122.1 (1954)||21|
|Points allowed||22.6 (362)||10|
Key players for Kansas City
- Patrick Mahomes II had a passing stat line last year of 4,740 passing yards with a 66.3% completion rate (390-of-588), 38 touchdowns, six interceptions, and an average of 296.3 yards per game. His rushing stat line was 62 carries for 308 yards and two touchdowns while averaging 19.3 yards per game.
- Last year, Clyde Edwards-Helaire took 181 attempts for 803 rushing yards (50.2 yards per game) and scored four touchdowns. When it comes to receiving, he also caught 36 passes for 297 yards (18.6 receiving yards per game) and collected one touchdown.
- Jerick McKinnon ran for 319 yards on 81 carries (19.9 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns last year. McKinnon also made his name known on the passing side of the game with 33 receptions for 253 yards (15.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
- In the previous season, Travis Kelce grabbed 105 passes (on 145 targets) for 1,416 yards (88.5 yards per game). He also found the end zone for 11 touchdowns.
- Tyreek Hill tacked on 1,276 yards on 87 grabs with 15 touchdowns. He was targeted 135 times and averaged 79.8 receiving yards per game last year.
- Mecole Hardman grabbed 41 passes on 62 targets for 560 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 35.0 yards per game last year.
Kansas City injuries
Chiefs: Khalen Saunders: Out (Elbow), Alex Okafor: Out (Hamstring), Charvarius Ward: Out (Hand)
Baltimore stats and betting info
Betting trends for Baltimore
- Baltimore covered 10 times in 16 matchups with a spread last season.
- The Ravens won their only game last year when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- A total of seven of Baltimore’s games last season hit the over.
|Pass yards||182.4 (2919)||32|
|Rush yards||191.9 (3071)||1|
|Points scored||29.3 (468)||7|
|Pass yards against||238.0 (3808)||9|
|Rush yards against||108.8 (1740)||8|
|Points allowed||18.9 (303)||2|
Key players for Baltimore
- Lamar Jackson completed 64.4% of his passes to throw for 2,757 and 26 touchdowns last season. Jackson also contributed in the run game, accumulating seven touchdowns on 67.0 yards per game.
- Latavius Murray ran for four touchdowns on 656 yards a year ago.
- Marquise Brown averaged 48.1 yards on 3.6 receptions per game and compiled eight receiving touchdowns in 2020.
- Mark Andrews caught 58 passes last season on his way to 701 yards and seven receiving touchdowns.
- Sammy Watkins played his way to two receiving touchdowns and 421 receiving yards (26.3 ypg) last season.
Ravens: Justin Madubuike: Out (Knee), Justice Hill: Questionable (Thigh), Ronnie Stanley: Questionable (Hip), Chris Moore: Out (Finger), Jimmy Smith: Questionable (Hip)
Pick for Chiefs vs. Ravens
The Chiefs are favored to cover the spread against the Ravens based on our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.