Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Houston Texans: Best Odds and Preview for Week 1
The Jacksonville Jaguars (0-0) and Houston Texans (0-0) will face off in a battle of two division rivals. The Jaguars are slight favorites (-2.5). An over/under of 44.5 points has been set for the matchup.
Best odds for Jaguars vs. Texans
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Jacksonville Jaguars and Houston Texans in which the Jaguars are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Jaguars Vs. Texans Spread Betting Action
Jacksonville stats and betting info
Betting trends for Jacksonville
- Jacksonville compiled a 7-9-0 record against the spread last season.
- The Jaguars did not cover the spread when favored by 2.5 points or more last season (in one opportunity).
- Last season, eight of Jacksonville’s games went over the point total.
|Pass yards||247.2 (3955)||19|
|Rush yards||94.9 (1519)||28|
|Points scored||19.1 (306)||30|
|Pass yards against||270.1 (4322)||24|
|Rush yards against||153.3 (2452)||30|
|Points allowed||30.8 (492)||31|
Key players for Jacksonville
- C.J. Beathard had a passing stat line last year of 787 passing yards with a 63.5% completion rate (66-of-104), six touchdowns, zero interceptions, and an average of 49.2 yards per game.
- Last year, James Robinson picked up 1,070 rushing yards (66.9 yards per game) and seven touchdowns. In the receiving game, he made 49 catches for 344 yards (21.5 yards per game) and three touchdowns.
- Carlos Hyde ran for 356 yards on 81 carries (22.3 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns last year.
- In the previous season, Marvin Jones Jr. hauled in 76 catches for 978 yards (61.1 ypg) while he was targeted 115 times. He also scored nine touchdowns.
- D.J. Chark also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He collected 53 receptions for 706 yards and five touchdowns. He was targeted 93 times and averaged 44.1 receiving yards per game.
- Laviska Shenault Jr.’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 600 yards, 58 catches, five touchdowns, and 37.5 yards per game (on 79 targets).
Jaguars: Tyler Davis: Out (Knee)
Houston stats and betting info
Betting trends for Houston
- Houston compiled a 6-10-0 ATS record last season.
- When playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs last season, the Texans had an ATS record of 4-6.
- A total of eight of Houston’s games last season hit the over.
|Pass yards||302.7 (4843)||2|
|Rush yards||91.6 (1466)||31|
|Points scored||24.0 (384)||18|
|Pass yards against||270.3 (4325)||25|
|Rush yards against||160.3 (2564)||32|
|Points allowed||29.0 (464)||27|
Key players for Houston
- Deshaun Watson averaged 301.4 passing yards per outing and threw 33 touchdowns last season. In addition, he tacked on three touchdowns on 27.8 yards on the ground per game.
- David Johnson averaged 57.6 rushing yards per game and collected six rushing touchdowns last year. Johnson complemented his rushing performance with 2.8 receptions per game to average 26.2 receiving yards.
- Last season Phillip Lindsay rushed for 35.9 yards per game. He also scored one touchdown.
- Brandin Cooks averaged 71.9 yards on 5.1 receptions per game and racked up six receiving touchdowns in 2020.
- Anthony Miller averaged 30.3 receiving yards on 4.8 targets per game in 2020, scoring two touchdowns.
- Chris Conley worked his way to two receiving touchdowns and 471 receiving yards (29.4 ypg) last season.
Texans: Brandin Cooks: Questionable (Quadricep), Cullen Gillaspia: Questionable (Hamstring), Jonathan Greenard: Questionable (Ankle)
Pick for Jaguars vs. Texans
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the Jaguars being favored to cover the spread against the Texans.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.