Iowa vs. Minnesota: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 11/13/2021
Floyd of Rosedale is at stake when the No. 19 Iowa Hawkeyes (7-2, 0-0 Big Ten) and Minnesota Golden Gophers (6-3, 0-0 Big Ten) meet on Saturday, November 13, 2021 at Kinnick Stadium. The Hawkeyes are 6.5-point favorites. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 37.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Iowa stats and betting info
Betting trends for Iowa
- So far this season, Iowa has put together a 5-4-0 record against the spread.
- The Hawkeyes are 1-3 against the spread when favored by 6.5 points or more this season.
- Two of Iowa’s nine games with a set total have hit the over (22.2%).
- Six Iowa games this season have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 37 points.
- On average, the Hawkeyes have seen a 44.2 over/under in their games this season, 7.2 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The Hawkeyes rack up only 0.3 more yards per game (299.2), than the Golden Gophers give up per contest (298.9).
- When Iowa amasses over 298.9 yards, the team is 5-0.
- The Hawkeyes have turned the ball over 12 times this season, one more turnover than the Golden Gophers have forced (11).
|Pass yards||185.3 (1668)||108|
|Rush yards||113.9 (1025)||110|
|Points scored||24.4 (220)||95|
|Pass yards against||206.0 (1854)||38|
|Rush yards against||98.6 (887)||7|
|Points allowed||15.7 (141)||5|
Key players for Iowa
- Spencer Petras leads Iowa with 1,430 passing yards (158.9 ypg) on 130-of-223 passing with nine touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Tyler Goodson, has carried the ball 170 times for 754 yards (83.8 per game), with six touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 22 passes for 207 yards (23.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Sam LaPorta’s 391 receiving yards (43.4 yards per game) lead the team. He has 34 receptions with two touchdowns.
Minnesota stats and betting info
Betting trends for Minnesota
- Minnesota has a 5-4-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Golden Gophers have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 6.5 points or more this year (0-1).
- Minnesota has hit the over in four of its nine games with a set total (44.4%).
- Five of Minnesota’s games ended with a combined score higher than 37 points this season.
- A difference of 13.7 points separates the average total points bet in Golden Gophers’ games (50.7 points) and this game’s over/under (37 points).
- The Golden Gophers rack up 56.4 more yards per game (361.0) than the Hawkeyes give up per outing (304.6).
- Minnesota is 4-1 overall when the team totals more than 304.6 yards.
- The Golden Gophers have 10 giveaways this season, while the Hawkeyes have 23 takeaways .
|Pass yards||153.6 (1382)||122|
|Rush yards||207.4 (1867)||22|
|Points scored||25.9 (233)||82|
|Pass yards against||195.8 (1762)||28|
|Rush yards against||103.1 (928)||14|
|Points allowed||18.3 (165)||15|
Key players for Minnesota
- Tanner Morgan leads Minnesota with 1,357 passing yards (150.8 ypg) on 102-of-171 passing with six touchdowns compared to seven interceptions this season.
- Treyson Potts’ team-high 552 rushing yards (61.3 per game) have come on 112 carries, with six touchdowns this year.
- Mike Brown-Stephens’ 317 receiving yards (35.2 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s collected 15 receptions and one touchdown.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.