Iowa vs. Illinois Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 12 Predictions
The No. 18 Iowa Hawkeyes (8-2, 0-0 Big Ten) are heavy favorites (-12) against the Illinois Fighting Illini (4-6, 0-0 Big Ten) in a battle of two conference rivals. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 38.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Iowa stats and betting info
Betting trends for Iowa
- Iowa is 6-4-0 ATS this season.
- The Hawkeyes are 1-2 against the spread when favored by 12 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in three of Iowa’s 10 games with a set total .
- Iowa and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (38 points) six times this season.
- The Hawkeyes have seen a 43.5 average over/under in their games this season, 5.5 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The Hawkeyes average 297.0 yards per game, 92.9 fewer yards than the 389.9 the Fighting Illini give up per contest.
- In games that Iowa totals more than 389.9 yards, the team is 2-0 overall.
- The Hawkeyes have turned the ball over 13 times this season, one fewer than the Fighting Illini have forced (14).
|Pass yards||187.4 (1874)||107|
|Rush yards||109.6 (1096)||118|
|Points scored||24.7 (247)||94|
|Pass yards against||207.4 (2074)||35|
|Rush yards against||107.6 (1076)||15|
|Points allowed||16.3 (163)||7|
Key players for Iowa
- Spencer Petras has 1,430 passing yards (143.0 ypg) to lead Iowa, completing 58.3% of his passes and recording nine touchdown passes and six interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Tyler Goodson, has carried the ball 188 times for 813 yards (81.3 per game), with six touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 23 passes for 211 yards (21.1 per game) and one touchdown.
- Sam LaPorta’s 425 receiving yards (42.5 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 37 receptions and two touchdowns.
Illinois stats and betting info
Betting trends for Illinois
- Illinois has gone 5-5-0 ATS this year.
- The Fighting Illini are 2-1 against the spread when an underdog by 12 points or more this season.
- In Illinois’ 10 games with a set total, two have hit the over (20%).
- In Illinois’ 10 games this season, five have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s point total of 38.
- The over/under for this game is 12.6 points fewer than the average over/under in Fighting Illini’s games this season (50.6 points).
- The Fighting Illini collect only 0.3 more yards per game (315.3) than the Hawkeyes allow (315.0).
- In games that Illinois amasses over 315.0 yards, the team is 3-3.
- This year the Fighting Illini have nine turnovers, 14 fewer than the Hawkeyes have takeaways (23).
|Pass yards||138.4 (1384)||125|
|Rush yards||176.9 (1769)||54|
|Points scored||17.2 (172)||122|
|Pass yards against||237.6 (2376)||81|
|Rush yards against||152.3 (1523)||70|
|Points allowed||21.6 (216)||36|
Key players for Illinois
- Artur Sitkowski leads Illinois with 704 passing yards (70.4 ypg) on 74-of-148 passing with six touchdowns compared to two interceptions this season.
- Chase Brown has carried the ball 144 times for a team-high 854 yards (85.4 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- Isaiah Williams’ 376 receiving yards (37.6 yards per game) lead the team. He has 38 receptions with two touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!