Indianapolis Colts vs. Houston Texans: Best Odds and Preview for Week 6
Having lost one straight, the Houston Texans (1-4) will play the Indianapolis Colts (1-3). The Colts are heavy favorites (-10). The matchup has an over/under of 43 points.
Best odds for Colts vs. Texans
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Indianapolis Colts and Houston Texans in which the Texans are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Colts Vs. Texans Spread Betting Action
Indianapolis stats and betting info
Betting trends for Indianapolis
- Indianapolis has covered the spread twice in four opportunities this season.
- In Indianapolis’ four games with a set total, two have hit the over (50%).
|Pass yards||236.3 (945)||26|
|Rush yards||112.0 (448)||15|
|Points scored||20.8 (83)||30|
|Pass yards against||232.0 (928)||9|
|Rush yards against||114.0 (456)||17|
|Points allowed||24.3 (97)||19|
Key players for Indianapolis
- Carson Wentz has compiled 920 yards (230.0 ypg) on 88-of-138 passing with five touchdowns compared to one interception this season. In addition, he’s added 68 rushing yards (17.0 ypg) on 14 carries.
- Jonathan Taylor has racked up 274 yards on 58 carries while finding paydirt one time. He’s also caught 11 passes for 81 yards (20.3 per game).
- Nyheim Hines has 124 receiving yards (31.0 per game) on 14 catches, while also racking up 17.5 rush yards per game and one touchdown on the ground.
- Michael Pittman Jr.’s team-leading 279 yards as a receiver have come on 23 catches (out of 36 targets).
- Zach Pascal has hauled in 15 receptions totaling 156 yards, finding the end zone three times as a receiver so far this campaign.
Colts: Anthony Castonzo: Questionable (Rib), Justin Houston: Questionable (Hip), Mo Alie-Cox: Out (Knee), Jordan Wilkins: Questionable (Calf), Darius Leonard: Doubtful (Groin), Denico Autry: Questionable (Ankle), Chaz Green: Out (Back)
Houston stats and betting info
Betting trends for Houston
- Houston is 3-2-0 ATS this year.
- When they have played as at least 10-point underdogs this season, the Texans are 1-1 against the spread.
- Houston has gone over in three of its five games with a set total (60%).
|Pass yards||217.0 (1085)||29|
|Rush yards||79.8 (399)||28|
|Points scored||17.8 (89)||28|
|Pass yards against||267.2 (1336)||16|
|Rush yards against||134.8 (674)||26|
|Points allowed||28.2 (141)||27|
Key players for Houston
- Davis Mills has racked up 669 yards on 61.5% passing while recording five touchdown passes with five interceptions this season.
- Mark Ingram II has carried the ball 68 times for 212 yards, with one touchdown.
- David Johnson has 13 receptions for 113 yards (22.6 per game) and one touchdown so far while also carrying the ball 18 times for 72 yards.
- Brandin Cooks has registered 31 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 392 (78.4 yards per game). He’s been targeted 44 times and has and one touchdown.
- Chris Conley has caught six passes and compiled 124 receiving yards (24.8 per game) with one touchdown.
Texans: Jordan Akins: Questionable (Ankle), Cornell Armstrong: Questionable (Knee), Peter Kalambayi: Questionable (Hamstring), Buddy Howell: Questionable (Hamstring)
Pick for Colts vs. Texans
Betting split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the Texans being favored to cover the spread against the Colts.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!