Indiana vs. Rutgers: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 11/13/2021
The Indiana Hoosiers (2-7, 0-0 Big Ten) and Rutgers Scarlet Knights (4-5, 0-0 Big Ten) will face off in a battle of two conference rivals. The Hoosiers are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -6.5). The total for this one is set at 43.5 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Indiana stats and betting info
Betting trends for Indiana
- Indiana is only 2-7-0 against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 6.5-point favorites this season, the Hoosiers are 1-1 against the spread.
- Five of Indiana’s nine games with a set total have hit the over (55.6%).
- This season, Indiana games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 43.5-point total five times.
- The Hoosiers have seen a 52.5 average over/under in their games this season, 9.0 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The Hoosiers collect 312.1 yards per game, 73.1 fewer yards than the 385.2 the Scarlet Knights give up per matchup.
- Indiana is 1-1 overall when the team picks up over 385.2 yards.
- This year, the Hoosiers have turned the ball over 13 times, two more than the Scarlet Knights’ takeaways (11).
|Pass yards||189.4 (1705)||104|
|Rush yards||122.7 (1104)||102|
|Points scored||20.3 (183)||117|
|Pass yards against||250.0 (2250)||98|
|Rush yards against||133.0 (1197)||42|
|Points allowed||31.3 (282)||104|
Key players for Indiana
- Michael Penix Jr. has 939 passing yards (104.3 ypg) to lead Indiana, completing 53.7% of his passes and collecting four touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season.
- Stephen Carr has carried the ball 155 times for a team-high 600 yards (66.7 per game), with six touchdowns this year.
- Peyton Hendershot’s 475 receiving yards (52.8 yards per game) lead the team. He has 37 receptions with four touchdowns.
Rutgers stats and betting info
Betting trends for Rutgers
- Rutgers has gone 4-4-0 ATS this season.
- In games they have played as at least 6.5-point underdogs this year, the Scarlet Knights are 1-2 against the spread.
- Rutgers has hit the over in three of its eight games with a set total (37.5%).
- There have been four Rutgers games that have ended with a combined score over 43.5 points this season.
- Scarlet Knights’ games have a total points bet of 47.2 points this season, 3.7 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Scarlet Knights rack up 327.2 yards per game, 55.8 fewer yards than the 383.0 the Hoosiers give up.
- When Rutgers picks up more than 383.0 yards, the team is 2-0.
- This season the Scarlet Knights have turned the ball over 10 times, one more than the Hoosiers’ takeaways (9).
|Pass yards||189.3 (1704)||105|
|Rush yards||137.9 (1241)||89|
|Points scored||21.3 (192)||113|
|Pass yards against||222.7 (2004)||54|
|Rush yards against||162.6 (1463)||83|
|Points allowed||24.9 (224)||64|
Key players for Rutgers
- Noah Vedral has thrown for 1,486 yards (165.1 ypg) to lead Rutgers, completing 61.3% of his passes and collecting seven touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He’s also run for 228 yards (25.3 ypg) on 76 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- The team’s top rusher, Isaih Pacheco, has carried the ball 126 times for 484 yards (53.8 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- Bo Melton’s 469 receiving yards (52.1 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s collected 43 receptions and three touchdowns.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!