Indiana State vs. Illinois State Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 12 Predictions
The Illinois State Redbirds (4-6, 0-0 MVFC) and Indiana State Sycamores (4-6, 0-0 MVFC) will meet in a matchup of two conference rivals. The Redbirds are solid favorites, expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -9.5). The expected point total for the matchup is set at 40.5.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Illinois State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Illinois State
- Illinois State is 4-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Redbirds are 0-1 against the spread when favored by 9.5 points or more this season.
- Out of Illinois State’s nine games with a set total, four have hit the over (44.4%).
- Illinois State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 40.5 points four times this season.
- On average, the Redbirds have seen a 46.4 over/under in their games this season, 5.9 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Redbirds collect 5.7 yards per game, 21.8 fewer yards than the 27.5 the Sycamores allow per contest.
- This year, the Redbirds have one turnover, one fewer than the Sycamores have takeaways (2).
|Pass yards||116.9 (1169)||122|
|Rush yards||131.7 (1317)||83|
|Points scored||19.2 (192)||99|
|Pass yards against||214.7 (2147)||65|
|Rush yards against||142.9 (1429)||55|
|Points allowed||23.1 (231)||35|
Key players for Illinois State
- Jackson Waring has 685 passing yards (68.5 ypg) to lead Illinois State, completing 54.5% of his passes and tossing five touchdown passes and three interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Cole Mueller, has carried the ball 169 times for 878 yards (87.8 per game), with six touchdowns this year.
- Austin Nagel’s 333 receiving yards (33.3 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s collected 16 receptions and two touchdowns.
Indiana State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Indiana State
- So far this season, Indiana State has put together a 3-7-0 record against the spread.
- In games they have played as at least 9.5-point underdogs this year, the Sycamores are 1-5 against the spread.
- Out of Indiana State’s 10 games with a set total, five have hit the over (50%).
- This season, nine of Indiana State’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 40.5 points.
- Sycamores’ games have a total points bet of 48.5 points this season, 8.0 points more than the over/under for this game.
- The Sycamores average 16.9 yards per game, 23.8 fewer yards than the 40.7 the Redbirds allow.
- This year the Sycamores have one turnover, one fewer than the Redbirds have takeaways (2).
|Pass yards||170.9 (1709)||100|
|Rush yards||112.9 (1129)||105|
|Points scored||16.0 (160)||117|
|Pass yards against||232.2 (2322)||93|
|Rush yards against||186.4 (1864)||108|
|Points allowed||32.0 (320)||98|
Key players for Indiana State
- Anthony Thompson leads Indiana State with 1,326 passing yards (132.6 ypg) on 135-of-219 passing with eight touchdowns compared to eight interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Peterson Kerlegrand, has carried the ball 166 times for 769 yards (76.9 per game), with five touchdowns this year.
- Phazione McClurge’s team-leading 409 receiving yards (40.9 yards per game) have come on 35 receptions with three touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!