Houston vs. Temple: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 11/13/2021
The No. 17 Houston Cougars (8-1, 0-0 AAC) are heavy favorites — expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -25) — against the Temple Owls (3-6, 0-0 AAC) in a battle of two conference rivals. The predicted point total for the game is 55.5.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Houston stats and betting info
Betting trends for Houston
- So far this season, Houston has compiled a 5-4-0 record against the spread.
- When they have played as at least 25-point favorites this season, the Cougars are 1-0 against the spread.
- Houston has hit the over in six of its nine games with a set total (66.7%).
- This season, four of Houston’s nine games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 55.5 points.
- On average, the over/under in Cougars games is 0.1 points fewer than the over/under of 55.5 points in this contest.
- The Cougars collect only 18.8 more yards per game (409.0) than the Owls give up per matchup (390.2).
- In games that Houston picks up more than 390.2 yards, the team is 6-0 overall.
- This year, the Cougars have eight turnovers, three fewer than the Owls have takeaways (11).
|Pass yards||272.6 (2453)||28|
|Rush yards||136.4 (1228)||96|
|Points scored||39.1 (352)||10|
|Pass yards against||201.4 (1813)||33|
|Rush yards against||99.2 (893)||8|
|Points allowed||22.2 (200)||37|
Key players for Houston
- Clayton Tune has 2,224 passing yards (247.1 ypg) to lead Houston, completing 70.8% of his passes and collecting 19 touchdown passes and six interceptions this season.
- Alton McCaskill’s team-high 603 rushing yards (67.0 per game) have come on 123 carries, with 12 touchdowns this year.
- Nathaniel Dell’s 839 receiving yards (93.2 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 56 receptions and eight touchdowns.
Temple stats and betting info
Betting trends for Temple
- Temple is 2-6-0 against the spread this season.
- The Owls have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 25 points or more this season (0-1).
- Temple has gone over in four of its eight games with a set total (50%).
- Three of Temple’s games finished with a combined score over 55.5 points this season.
- The over/under for this game is 1.3 points more than the average over/under in Owls’ games this season (54.2 points).
- The Owls collect 304.6 yards per game, just 3.9 more than the 300.7 the Cougars give up.
- In games that Temple totals more than 300.7 yards, the team is 3-0.
- The Owls have turned the ball over 14 times, two fewer times than the Cougars have forced turnovers (16).
|Pass yards||191.7 (1725)||101|
|Rush yards||112.9 (1016)||113|
|Points scored||18.2 (164)||121|
|Pass yards against||167.2 (1505)||7|
|Rush yards against||223.0 (2007)||124|
|Points allowed||36.8 (331)||122|
Key players for Temple
- D’Wan Mathis leads Temple with 1,223 passing yards (135.9 ypg) on 116-of-196 passing with six touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season.
- Edward Saydee’s team-high 252 rushing yards (28.0 per game) have come on 66 carries, with two touchdowns this year.
- Randle Jones’ 398 receiving yards (44.2 yards per game) lead the team. He has 29 receptions with three touchdowns.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!